Ski Sunday......

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony C

Ski Sunday......

Postby Tony C » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:27 pm

Settling down to watch Top Gear in a while, quite like the new line up....but that's worthy of a separate post. Anyway Ski Sunday is currently on the BBC, is it the 70's? Loads of twits on skis, very mainstream entertainment for the masses, "Could you pass me the gluehwien Rupert" :x
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

b33fy

Re: Ski Sunday......

Postby b33fy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 pm

:lol: thought it was supposed to be a sports programme. There’s some shite on the tele currently.

Jason Manford is the hedgehog.. I’d put my life on it...
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:25 am

funnily enough, i saw Ski Sunday pop up on the tv guide and thought i was in a timewarp. Didn't get to watch it, then again, not sure i did in the 70's either.... :D

as for TG, didnt see last nights yet, caught the prev week with the McLaren/fighter etc. Lineup is passable, would prefer Guinness not to be part of of it - or anything else on tv for that matter.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:34 am

greenwoo wrote:funnily enough, i saw Ski Sunday pop up on the tv guide and thought i was in a timewarp. Didn't get to watch it, then again, not sure i did in the 70's either.... :D

as for TG, didnt see last nights yet, caught the prev week with the McLaren/fighter etc. Lineup is passable, would prefer Guinness not to be part of of it - or anything else on tv for that matter.

I get the paddy thing, could grate on you after a while. Unfortunately the humour in the show is driven by him, scripted or not. This weeks was the first genuinely funny show I’d seen for a long while.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am

humour in the show is driven by him, scripted or not.

can't be scripted by him, having seen him live ( not sure thats the right word) i can't imagine him writing anything funny. I'll give him Phoenix Night/Max&Paddy, but beyond that NOOOOOOOO.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:36 pm

I like Ski Sunday - haven't been able to afford to go skiing for years now but once the kids leave home :D

As to TG, yes, last night's was approaching funny in places (when the Pontiac broke up :D ) but Paddy is horrendous - his accent is the worst (but the BBC love it because it makes northerners feel happy that us horrible southerners aren't ignoring them). They are all trying so painfully hard to be immature, it's embarrassing. JC and the old bunch somehow did it and made it funny - this lot are useless.

I feel sorriest for Chris Harris - I like what he has to say about cars but then he has to spend most his time trying to laugh at the 'hilarious' antics of the 2 idiots. I can feel him just gritting his teeth and wishing they would sod off... :D . They are 40-year olds trying to be 17 year-olds - cringeworthy.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:26 am

nelmo wrote: I feel sorriest for Chris Harris - I like what he has to say about cars but then he has to spend most his time trying to laugh at the 'hilarious' antics of the 2 idiots. I can feel him just gritting his teeth and wishing they would sod off... :D . They are 40-year olds trying to be 17 year-olds - cringeworthy.

I couldn’t agree more. It’s pitiful and embarrassing. I don’t like the fact that wrecking cars has become fashionable. Seems to be all they do now. I want a car show. If I want so called “funny” people I’ll find something crap else where on the TV.

The fighter jet thing has been done. The road trip thing has been done. The buy a cheep car and do x, y and z has been done to death. It just feels like it’s had its time and it doesn’t matter how many d*ck heads you get to Pratt about on screen. I only watch it now for the metal. That McLaren was a truly impressive machine.

Perhaps bring back the days of the silent move with just car noises as the sound track? I might sell that idea to the BBC and buy a new McLaren on the proceeds!!

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”