Help.....

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Help.....

Postby greenwoo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:40 am

Driving home last night I realized that I was humming along to the radio...which was fine, til i noted that it was a Coldplay song.

Please tell me of a cure, I fear i'm heading toward a terminal fate.....next i might find myself singing to one of their 'tunes'.
My home remedy was to blast out 'DC's', If you want Blood, followed by the Pistols and topped off with a dose of Lemmy. Hoping that should be enough to immunize against the Coldplay virus....but if anyone else has any suggestions, feel free....

on a kind of 'related tangent'.....I was driving to the gym the other evening, same route, same time of day etc....and realized how we can end up on autopilot; I'd listened to the beginning of a song, figured out that it was Mark Knopfler twanging away some bluesy thing and 'came to' thinking, strange - his voice has changed. Seems he;d been doing a duet with someone and it hadn't registered.....

nelmo

Re: Help.....

Postby nelmo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Sadly, I quite like Coldplay, so I can't help you - 'Christmas Lights' is now officially my favourite xmas song, superseding 'Stop the cavalry'.

But I'm also a James Blunt fan, so there is no hope for me... :shock: :o :?

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Take a 5 minute dose of yellow 3 times a day, and 20 minutes of clocks at night until you commit suicide or become a superfan, sorted..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:24 pm

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/yellow-fever

It’s a known problem to the World Health Organisation.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:10 pm

I fear there is no cure, next thing you know, you'll like Craig David. My brother got into Coldplay a few years ago and his taste in music has never recovered.

I tried to treat him by giving him free copies of decent albums like Phideaux Doomsday Afernoon, and Damanek In Flight, but there was no discernible improvement in his condition :(

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Just tune into Planet Rock M sorted !!
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:38 am

Have trebled the dose...
D C
Sabbath
Motorhead
Stones
nine inch nails
Praying that'll stave off the dross

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:28 am

greenwoo wrote:Have trebled the dross...
D C
Sabbath
Motorhead
Stones
nine inch nails
Praying that'll finish me off

Corrected it for you,.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:14 am

so kind Mike :lol:

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:14 pm

If you fancy trying something a bit different, I saw the band District 97 recently as support at a gig we went to. I didn't think they were my cup of tea, but they put in a good performance and seemed a very friendly bunch as I talked to them in the interval. They come from Chicago are sort of prog/metal but very different and have a good singer who bizarrely was a finalist on American Idol! Anyway the CD has really grown on me and it is up on a website to listen to for free here: http://progstreaming.nl/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=2019-11-02-02%20-%20District%2097%20-%20Screens

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”