Facebook

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

russtik

Re: Facebook

Postby russtik » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 am

David T wrote:I'm over 30 so don't use Facebook. I did try it once, but I didn't inhale.

I'm afraid it's a playground for the oldies now, since they ruined it for the kids.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/16/parents-killed-it-facebook-losing-teenage-users
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:57 am

russtik wrote:
David T wrote:I'm over 30 so don't use Facebook. I did try it once, but I didn't inhale.

I'm afraid it's a playground for the oldies now, since they ruined it for the kids.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/16/parents-killed-it-facebook-losing-teenage-users

My mother is 80 and a prolific Facebook user.. :roll: :lol:

I find it intrusive and egotistical in a “look at me aren’t I wonderful sorta way” Though I do use it to play the game and post up inane rubbish and photos.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:28 pm

b33fy wrote:
russtik wrote:

I find it intrusive and egotistical in a “look at me aren’t I wonderful sorta way” Though I do use it to play the game and post up inane rubbish and photos.

Agree but ..... you quite easily swipe past a post to the next, the same as a forum, if the heading isn’t what you’re interested in then you wouldn’t look at it, I’m not a fbook pusher but I do use it for this and that but like a lot of others I’d rather tell someone something face to face :D like the old days
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:30 pm

russtik wrote:

Very true - my kids laugh when I ask why they don't use it (although they still haven't explained). Instagram seems to be the one they're all on now, with WhatsApp for close friends...

David T

Postby David T » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:01 pm

Yep FB and email not even on the radar for kids. I guess why FB bought Instagram.

I expect the office workplace will undergo a big transformation when the kids of today enter work. Asking them to send an email would be like asking me in the 90s to read the Xerox'ed memo and sign to say that I'd read it.

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:51 pm

b33fy wrote:
russtik wrote:

Yep we use it to promote the inane rubbish work we do, weirdly about 10-15% (and increasing) of the jobs we do come direct from Facebook.
9 is more than a number

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:56 pm

Rob E wrote:
Agree but ..... you quite easily swipe past a post to the next, the same as a forum, if the heading isn’t what you’re interested in then you wouldn’t look at it, I’m not a fbook pusher but I do use it for this and that but like a lot of others I’d rather tell someone something face to face :D like the old days

Exactly this, or better still don’t send or accept any friend requests and that way it’s non intrusive and you won’t have to see the mundane crap that allegedly people post !

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:02 pm

Maybe I need to think about how I use Facebook, I seem to get loads of MMA stuff and Aaron Lambo :roll: :lol:

Have started using Instagram as it seems a bit less cluttered with adverts and random posts.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 pm

b33fy wrote:Maybe I need to think about how I use Facebook, I seem to get loads of MMA stuff and Aaron Lambo :roll: :lol:

I find it intrusive and egotistical in a “look at me aren’t I wonderful sorta way” Though I do use it to play the game and post up inane rubbish and photos

Have started using Instagram as it seems a bit less cluttered with adverts and random posts.

Haha.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:59 am

Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry! I didn't mean it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”