Out there

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

Re: Out there

Postby leegav » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Im really glad ive raised a few eyebrows...if i was thinking of it then umpteen other eople else will have been too.
The club is great and id like to know what i can do to keep it fresh and numbers high.

@tony.... Our alps trips are very clicky and i think its why we dont get any newbies and when we do they never come back. Thats down to the intensity of the trips. I chose not to do it last year cos i couldnt be bothered with the stress and thought it would be much easier to go with the mrs...plus she wanted to come along and would never have enjoyed "our usual trips". If i wanted to stop for an hour and take photographs or wander round a nice town at 10am id never see you lot again until the campsite.

@ mark.. I agree different media options have an effect. Instagram, facebook, messenger, whats app make it much easier to communicate than loggin on to the forum. Has the thought of running an instagram page come up? Id be happy to help out and help run it.
Maybe if we have any young members they could give us an idea of there thoughts on promotion for younger generation?

This a difficult subject but i really did and do think it needs attention... Maybe we need a rebrand to open doors to other "car lovers" and why southern and why kit...as jeff said.
UK Car Club where we cover race, road,kit,sports cars. :lol: :?
We were very good and approachable as a club because the club was open to all makes of kit cars... Maybe we should take that futher now?

Maybe we need to get together and have a real discussion??

Didnt mean any offence with my post but i felt it needed bringing up.
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Difficult one this, I've enjoyed being part of SKCC, and the road trips organised by Mark have been great fun. I think perhaps broadening the scope of the club might help, not everyone one wants an early 'fastish' blat and I count myself amongst those people now, part of the reason the Fury went. Like many I only post on the forum when I've got something worthwhile to add, though others might disagree :lol: Perhaps the novelty has worn off for some, I'm not sure how it was so successful in the beginning, perhaps we need to recapture that, whatever it was??
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Jay

Postby Jay » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

For me building, racing and other comitments at home have meant that my kit has taken a back seat although fingers crossed it will be back out this year.
As for the forum few things have got me 1 being a "core member" of the club said to me if you want to know whats going on you need to join twatbook. This suprised me as the forum had already taken a decline. I will not join it as i dont wish for people to pretend they are my freind and vice-versa and i dont need it for me to feel socialy accepted in my life.
2 is the poor or lack of write up when there has been a trip.
By there being nothing i automaticaly pressumed there had been a social issue or car woes. The trips are made up to be the best thing a person can do in there kit and then nothing. A whole lot of forum traffic missing there with comments, pic and vids.
3 is the magic of oh look ive got a new car. I realise that were all grown ups and don't need to ask permision but i see another large amount of posts that have never happend. I know people dont really listen to advice as when you get a bee in your bonnet nothing will change your minds. Putting up im looking for a car generates people posting up a whole lot of pooh and not what your looking for but it gets people involved.
I also sense the lack of interest in anything outside of kits. Each to there own but i enjoy reading the i went to look at an airplane museum or had a good bit or scran here.
I guess what im trying to say is how can a forum survive if the foundation is collapsing beneath it.

This was all written on my phone which i always use to log in to the forum a couple of times a day more if theres something of personel interest to me.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”