FFS

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

FFS

Postby greenwoo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Spent the afternoon wandering around London, killing time whilst Mrs had her eye Op....
talk about a rip off......I signed up for a Ribbed Ride, handed over £50 and they gave me a life jacket and put me on a little speedboat....clearly something lost in translation, that wasn't what i was expecting :D

In other news....the FFS part.....
trains delayed unknown amount this morning due to signal issue, handy when she had a finite time to arrive in London. Even better, the frigging guy at the Station didnt bother giving any announcements, so we wasted 20 mins waiting for a train that wasn't going to arrive anytime soon.

Got back in the car, hooned across to a station further up the line, tried to clam Mrs who was fraught with the idea of missing the Op that she's waited for.....
dropped her at the Hosp, got a text 1 hr later ' They wont do the full Op today as the presciption has changed'....
so after all that, they decided to scrape a load of crud from behind the eye and leave the lens replacement for another time ( prob another 4-5-6 weeks ).

Just home, just going to get a pint glass and some bacardi.......

Crunchie Gears

Re: FFS

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:41 pm

Feeling for you and Sue. It has been tough!

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:09 pm

Sorry to here this M, specially with the good lady having all the worry, then to be told there not going to do the hole opp. Fingers crossed for you both.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Every right to go for it Mark.. enjoy. If you’re still coherent, thoughts and wishes to Sue and keep your chin up mate. :)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Definitely FFS! Hope the wait isn't too long and tell Sue Ruth and I are asking after her.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:25 pm

cheers guys....

Follow up appointment today. The guy explained that he didn't trust the measurements for the eye ( not the prescription per se)...in his opinion the difference in measurement between the 2 eyes for width seemed off. So he preferred to wait until the eye has settled down after this latest 'scraping', get it measured fresh and then do the implant.

Luckily it seems that he will fit her in without a drama as its a relatively quick procedure, so current thinking seems to be - measured in 5 weeks, hopefully then done within a week or so.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 pm

That sounds more encouraging :)
Five weeks must seem a long time though.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”