Lifes ironies, the gift that just keeps giving....

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

Crunchie Gears

Re: Lifes ironies, the gift that just keeps giving....

Postby Crunchie Gears » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Mark, Look after Sue. It must be tough on her. I hope next Monday comes round quickly and sorts Sue issue permanently.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Mark. Infuriating. You wouldn’t go and sit on a train full of strangers if you can avoid it especially after you’ve been so careful. Difficult. I just hope she’s ok after this set back, and that they get her sorted ASAP. Could you drive up? Might take longer but would be a nicer environment. Not sure how practical that is depending on where in London you’re heading and the time of day you’re there.

My wife teaches in a primary school and has to stay germ free if she wants to see her Dad (and Mum). Nightmare for her especially as her time with him is due to be cut short at any minute. It’s like germ watch in this house. Anyone starts looking a bit funny and they get dosed, sprayed down and put in isolation in an NBC suit. Ok the last bit isn’t true... :lol:

I think that they should have 2 parts of a doctors surgery. Those with germs and those with non-contagious conditions. Try catching a cold and sneezing with multiple prolapsed disks! Ouch.

Anyway. Best of luck next week.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Not quite in the same league as the op cancellation, though irritating to say the least. Arranged for the Merc to be collected today (end of contract) phone call this morning, unable to collect due to driver availability, new registrations bla bla..

Not what I want to hear, stuck and liable for an uninsured car on driveway that I can’t move. With replacement taking up space on neighbours drive, also changed work arrangements for pick up etc etc.

Told them has to be picked up today without fail. get back on it. Bump someone else, this was arranged weeks ago etc etc.. Eeerr eeerr ok..

Another phone call, no can do, we can insure and you won’t be liable, explained heard that bullshit before and was still liable, get back on it. Called internal lease car dept and got them on it too.

In the end it was.. I’ll move the car to station car park at 5pm , they can incur parking costs and highly probability of repairing vandal damage or scraping the ashes off the tarmac.. that’s if it’s still there as I’ll also leave the keys in it so I’m no way accountable for the car and not prepared to rearrange a second day for collection.

Nearly three hours of grief later, car is being picked up tonight.. twats.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:17 pm

Crunchie Gears wrote:Mark, Look after Sue. It must be tough on her. I hope next Monday comes round quickly and sorts Sue issue permanently.

Spot on.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”