Any one had Rle eye surgery

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

steve m

Any one had Rle eye surgery

Postby steve m » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Any one had Rle eye surgery ?

Im thinking about having my eyes done AGAIN!, as I had Radial Karototomies done in 1988 yet I now need glass's for everything

So, has any of my colleagues on here had any eye surgerie, and would you again ?

would any one not recommend it,

Or anything else

Steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

leegav

Re: Any one had Rle eye surgery

Postby leegav » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 am

I had laser eye surgery 4 weeks ago.
I had lasek treatment where they cut the skin off your eyeball and laser tgen letbit recover.
It was horrific and spent 3 days in bed with my eyes closed. Vision is almost perfect now but took along time for recovery. The lasik treatment takes 1 day recivery but my eyes werent suitable.
Did mine with optical express and had tge laser idesign technology.
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:51 am

I've worn glasses since I was 14, when I am wearing them I can read the very smallest letters on the chart. There's no way I would have anything done to my eyes unless it was necessary to maintain my vision. Any risk would be too much for me.

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:53 am

I had Lasik surgery nearly 20 years ago, it wasn't very nice having the cornea cut off and stuck back on, and it felt like I had smoke in my eyes for about a day but the results were amazing. Perfect eye sight after about a week. I believe RLE is different with the replacement of the lens so I can't offer an opinion on that.
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

leegav

Postby leegav » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:59 pm

DJ. wrote:I've worn glasses since I was 14, when I am wearing them I can read the very smallest letters on the chart. There's no way I would have anything done to my eyes unless it was necessary to maintain my vision. Any risk would be too much for me.

According to their stats they have done 2 million setsbof eyes and mo one has lost there sight. If you dont get betterbtgan 20 20 vision first time they will do them again until you do. Was nervous a little before laying down but i like living life outside my comfort zone :lol:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:30 pm

I don't mind admitting, you are a braver man than me Lee :D

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:15 pm

urrrgh eye operations........

can't answer your exact question Steve...

I had laser in 2003 and since then no need to wear glasses....best thing i ever did. However Mrs G has had a 'mare of late as a few know.

She was advised against elective surgery for lens replacements 2 years ago,but last Oct suffered 4 retinal tears in the 'better' of her weak eyes.
Unfortunately it tore again after the first repair and she's been waiting for the lens replacement Op which is now needed as that type of repair hastens on cataracts....'D-Day' for that lens replacement is tomorrow.

If all goes well tomm and during the recovery, the next step will be to have the 2nd eye done...as the imbalance will be way too much between the eyes. Hoping that all is indeed straightforward as she's had zero sight in that eye for close to 6mths!

Funnily enough the guy that is looking after her for the various Ops wears glasses, i was sitting there one day and about to ask him why he hadn't had any form of correction done....but i could guess the answer.
That slim possibility that it might not work could potentially cost him his career....

steve m

Postby steve m » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 am

Thanks for the info's I will be looking at the options, probably late in the year, as I suffer with Hayfever, and my eyes are currently so sore there actually painful !

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”