quote of the week......or maybe year

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

quote of the week......or maybe year

Postby greenwoo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:58 pm

So i had the household insurance renewal through and albeit i didn't know what the old premium was exactly, the new one seemed to be a heck of a lot higher.

Cue the call to the broker...needless to say i lost 10 minutes of my life going through exactly what had/hadn't changed in the last year and at the end of that little summary the lady told me ' well i think that may increase the premium a little'.....followed by another 2-3 mins waiting whilst she checked.
'yep, that's added another £17....although i'm surprised, i thought it would add more'
Given that it was just 1 supposedly high value item....i was surprised too....but not in the same way that she was!

Wait for it....it's coming....

'So, would you like to go ahead'?

'erm no, not at that price, or even the price that was quoted on the letter'

'Oh, really'?

'Yep, that seems too much,think i'll have a hunt around'

'Oh, if you like, I can check whether any of our other underwriters can offer a better price'

'Erm, isn't that what you're supposed to do as my broker'?

'We'll the thing is, that letter/renewal was automated, and we don't have enough time check the market for each customer at renewal time'.

'ah right,so if someone bothers to call in you might have a look, otherwise its business as usual,just let them sit with the existing u/writer'?

'Oh yes'

By now her checking the other u/writers was finished......and i give you......
£875 renewal down to £350....for exactly the same frigging cover.

Now is that taking the piss or what!

Sadly i didnt have time for more than 1 call for shopping around elsewhere, and the usual compare the ferret site couldn't improve on that, as i would dearly love to have told them to shove their policy somewhere dark and smelly!

So on that bombshell......a broker comments that they don't have time to erm 'broker'......

DJ.

Re: quote of the week......or maybe year

Postby DJ. » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:22 am

Sounds pretty typical of all businesses/government departments nowadays :(

steve m

Re: quote of the week......or maybe year

Postby steve m » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:47 am

You did well to reduce the bill by half, I only ever manage to save £100 or so,
I never go with the same insurance company until ive had a couple of other quotes first

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”