'Dibs'

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

'Dibs'

Postby greenwoo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Has part of the adult population regressed to 'child' speak?

I see this term on a few sites in the For Sale sections....
'1st dibs'

Isn't cash/payment 'king'? How many threads exist where the so called dibber then pulls out; ppal issues, oh i didn't realise it was black, oh its not real carbon, yah de yah.......what happened to 'I want it, you'll have ppal/transfer in the next 10 mins'....

Tony C

Re: 'Dibs'

Postby Tony C » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Selling stuff, "When you say it's collect only, would you post??" tw#t,....had some interest re the Fury, some chap from Spain contacted me, "Could you send me a copy of the V5", I think not :shock: More serious sounding buyer hopefully due Sunday
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Hate selling, last go at it was for a set of wheels, “How about donating them for my project car..” fook off you fooktard, rather bury them in the garden than give it to you.. you free loading cock wombal.

Buyings not much better lately, got shafted by a “British” seller selling camera batteries.. ended up coming from China, and near enough retail price paid for a poor copy.

Bought a couple of valley gasket clamps, powder coated and sold as reconditioned. The label in the image covered the big chip in the powder coating.. funny that. Too much hassle sending back and quibbling over the bloody postage.

First dibs, a locost forum special.. twats.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Nash

Postby Nash » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:03 pm

Oh dont get me started! I put a brand new and unused pump on the bay. A £400 pump new, an Italian bloke contacted me and said he would sort collection. He made a big thing of professionally packaging it. This made me nervous and it was in the original packaging from the manufacturer. I added additional bubble wrap and took many photos, including the pump serial number. He then claimed for a damaged pump on delivery and said it was because of poor packaging. Long and painful claim process which was only resolved when I showed Ebay the serial number for my pump didn't match the one the tw@t showed pictures of and his claim was rejected. I now wont sell anything abroad and hate selling on the bay full stop.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”