Gotta love sales people in this country....

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Gotta love sales people in this country....

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:57 pm

Or Not!
the intercom/gate system at home has gone wonky and i'm given to understand that as its old it'll be a question of replacing it ( 'it' ) being handsets, caller panel and controller.....not a cheap exercise.
Having a brainwave, i wondered whether i could get away with using the existing controller and 'just' new handsets/caller panel.

'Dunno MATE ( you're best bet would be to get an installer or an electrician to have a look'

'err, have already had someone look who told me that the caller unit is kaput, so i'm looking at options, could an option be to use the existing controller and just switch out the caller panel?'

'No idea, that's a technical question, we just sell the stuff'.'

I thought of 'chappie' ( i'll call him that as he called me mate and yet we've never met) in a few other scenarios.

'So, before i drop £250k on this Bentley can you tell me whether its Connolly Hide
'Sorry Mate, no idea, we just sell 'em, your best bet would be to talk to an upholsterer, see what they think'

'This double glazing, what's the benefits of the hardwood vs the upvc'?
'well pal, not a lot, i mean, you can see through both can't you - anything more, better talk to someone that gives a poop'.

If by chance anyone has got this far in the reading of this tale, and you happen to know a pal, a mate or a buddy who fits electric gates/intercoms and who happens to be in the south east. Feel free to ping me a message, before i go and disappear up my own backside.

Larkingabout

Re: Gotta love sales people in this country....

Postby Larkingabout » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:59 pm

Tate automation are very good and are based in Horsmonden. Google them up and have a look. They do a lot of stuff round here. Would give you an honest opinion
James
The man in the Red Coat

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:24 pm

cheers James...

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Sounds very frustrating, if it's not sales people who don't know what they are selling, it's idiots from my energy supplier trying to convince me I 'need' a smart meter, the payments from my recent bills must have been frittered away by them on unsolicited mail, emails, calls and texts, I don't want one now feck off..........
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:18 pm

oh i'm waiting that delight Tony...no doubt that'll come. Our supplier went bust so in the throes of trying to exit from the 'stand in' that Ofcom sorted.
Out of that mire learned something interesting....seems that for businesses energy suppliers offer CHEAPER fixed rates the longer the contract. Norm for residential is that fixed rate = higher rate. So seems that i can nab a cheaper rate, and future proof....happy days.

Thinking about your smart meter.....had similar with water board, had a load of letters a few years back which started polite and ended up quite aggresive about having a water meter - told them to feck off, and that if they wanted to insist on one that they'd have to place it outside the property ( which i knew they couldnt do due to logistics)....lo and behold, we're paying bugger all compared to neighbours....

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 pm

I've been talking a lot with "recruiters" lately & some know what they are about, others are no better that telesales, one went:-

"Hello, is that Antony?"

"Tony, yes."

"Brilliant - how are you today"

"I'm fine"

"Brilliant, brilliant, are you currently looking for design work?"

"Yes"

"Awesome, brilliant - what's you situation?"

"I've been made redundant"

"Brilliant, awesome & how flexible are you for location?"

"My wife wants a divorce, so I could move anywhere in the south east"

Excellent, brilliant, ...........

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:55 pm

A sunshine person.. brilliant! marvellous! wonderful!.. find them tiresome. Why can’t the twats just be straight forward.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 pm

i feel your pain T.....ah recruiters, all shysters.....

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 pm

greenwoo wrote:i feel your pain T.....ah recruiters, all shysters.....

:lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Thought I’d park a rant here rather than start a new thread.. long story short..

Friday, Merc serviced, low value items thieved from car. Didn’t say anything, accepted as part of the world we live in today and I’m totally fed up moaning. Swmbo says “You should have said something” :roll:

So sent a rant email off, lost a customer, getting an howdee etc.. stealers phoned today apologetic, will get to the bottom of it etc, humanity restored somewhat.

Sunday, gale blows tiles off roof, lands on Merc.. Home insurance doesn’t cover vehicles. gotta just suck it up and dig deep. Heyho.

Anyone recommend a good roofer?

..and life goes on.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”