connectivity - urrrgh

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

connectivity - urrrgh

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm

anyone else get cheesed off with the overload of info from various sources; phone, messaging, newsfeed on pc, or just from the radio?

Specifically that related to say sporting events that you really don't want to know the result of as its being recorded to watch at a later time.

Back in the day a radio station played music, they didn't suddenly announce 'oh Man U are 2 down against PSG' - sure that might pop up on the news, but hey, that was expected and no probs to mute the radio/switch to cd for a few mins. Now, you're part way through a tune and some muppet gives the game away ( literally).

as for the phone....to those that have sent me texts with no reply for a few hours. Its simply that i daren't look at the frigging thing because somewhere there'll be a bloody idiot on a message group that says ' wow england are really giving it to the french' OR a bloody alert which gives the latest score.

Worse i ever had was a 'kind of' pal who rang to ask me something and started by ' bloody hell buy, gotta be happy with that result 5-0 against Milan, that was some going'.....cheers, i was just about to watch that.

atleast with most spoken 1:1 chats nowadays there's the courtesy of ' have you watched the game yet'....rather than being force fed the news.

oh for a Nokia 6310 and just phone calls.......

Nash

Re: connectivity - urrrgh

Postby Nash » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Mind you I recall someone telling me Rhana James had left Nashville in a conversation we were having and I was a season behind!
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Buy the way Mark, Tottenham are winning 1-0 at the moment ;)
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm

@ Neil - fair cop, that was an oversight
@ colin, cheers, saves me watching the recording later.

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Meh. No one likes Tottenham :mrgreen:

@Mark - yes, waaayyy overloaded. I’ve turned off notifications on my news and sport apps etc so information is not ‘pushed’ to me.

International Rugby scores are an ar$e to avoid on TV and radio, club rugby is much easier. But luckily i’m also a Southampton supporter so it’s rare when the media takes interest in our scores - probably because they couldn’t score in a brothel :cry:

steve m

Postby steve m » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Although, i think that Mark, obviously got out of the wrong side of bed :lol: :lol:

I can sympathise to an extent, but, as ive got older, and wiser ?? ive come to the conclusion "does it really matter" as if in any form of sport i must not know the score, i will watch it live, no matter what, weddings included!

I and my Father have tried to avoid any media, when theres been F1 and Cricket or Footie etc all on the same time, but to no avail, so now i pick the one most important to me, and watch it, for me as a Crystal Palace fan, means watching something else!
I then go to the recorded stuff, and if someone tells me the score, i can get a bit peeved, but, then go back to the TV, as its all history anyway

My Wife knows exactly what i am planning to watch, and even if she knows the result/score whatever, has the common sense to keep her mouth shut (only time)

As for Media or texts, i must be very lucky, as i don't get many text re football, probably because i support CP, and if its that important to me, don't go online or radio/TV

simmples

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Mark, if you get some copper mesh and drape it over your car, you go from roll cage to faraday cage. BOOM!

Right next challenge, world peace anyone?

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Rexholme wrote:Mark, if you get some copper mesh and drape it over your car, you go from roll cage to faraday cage. BOOM!

Arhh took me a while, I get that one.. :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 pm

I went to local canal, found some spares and built and tested a scale model for you. Minus the Gulf colours, it’s pretty good - no signals got through.
Attachments
81B3269D-4807-4A12-92D2-ADAD3A076C30.jpeg
81B3269D-4807-4A12-92D2-ADAD3A076C30.jpeg (91.81 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 pm

lol, very good Mike S

@ Steve, yeah i hear you,and ideally i'd watch more live sports or whatever else, but that doesnt always fit my schedule, and to be frank, if i devote 'prime time' to something and it goes the wrong way in terms of a crap result - then i'm defo humpy. Don't mind so much if its late in the evening when there's bugger else on....

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”