LED Bike lights

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

LED Bike lights

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 am

blimey...lights for bikes etc have come on leaps and bounds. I didn't realise how powerful some of the lights are as used by push bikers. Had the displeasure of following a guy down the lanes last night ( bugger wouldn't pull over )....and his head lamp ( literally ) was better than the old lights on the Rav!

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: LED Bike lights

Postby Tony B » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:37 pm

ive just bought a set for my bike - yep ive joined the lycra clad - I was amazed at how good they are, all rechargeable too.

Not so good on an early sunday car run this time of year though when ones coming in the opposite direction - bit of blinding sir!

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm

Have you seen the ones that might up your RIMS.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:04 pm

The lights i have on my bike are very good, they light up the country lane nicely.
Tony, glad you've joined the Lycra union its not a bad life and you can piss of loads of car drivers :lol: :lol:
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 pm

I’m a cyclist so this isn’t to all of em but are most f£&king stupid, if you shine it at the drivers level that’s heading towards you and blind them , aren’t you making yourself a bit of a target :roll:
Like you say there powerful so point them down, should be a fine for the stupids of this world
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 pm

What Rob E said. I’m cyclist too and I just want to be seen, not hated, on my road bike.

The only stupidly powerful lights I have are on my mountain bike for night rides. And for that you want a pair of headlights if you’re throwing yourself down the Surrey Hills, off-road in the dark.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm

if you shine it at the drivers level that’s heading towards you and blind them , aren’t you making yourself a bit of a target

yeah, i was skirting that issue, but i was going to add to my initial post - 'how the heck is that allowable'...having a powerful light strapped to the head of someone on a bike, and kit cars/iva have to have lights in certain places at certain levels.

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:56 am

greenwoo wrote:
if you shine it at the drivers level that’s heading towards you and blind them , aren’t you making yourself a bit of a target

yeah, i was skirting that issue, but i was going to add to my initial post - 'how the heck is that allowable'...having a powerful light strapped to the head of someone on a bike, and kit cars/iva have to have lights in certain places at certain levels.

Uh oh, we’re getting in to the .... one rule for them and one rule for us territory :lol: :lol:
You should start a fbook poll :lol:
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:03 pm

or a f/book troll......

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:25 pm

I’ve got a set of Hope lights on my mountain bike that are astounding. I have them on the bars and another on one my lid. That way the bar mounted ones throw out a general beam and the one on my lid points where I look. I learnt early on in my 24 hour race career that the bars don’t always point where you want to look. The involuntary tree hugging at 30 mph was not fun for the chap in front of me. Ambulance for him. Lesson learnt for me.

I do agree that the lights that blind you aren’t helpful BUT despite me being lit up like a Christmas tree and wearing reflective kit some car drivers still seem to be out to kill me.

Tony B you are a MAMIL. Ha ha ha.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”