Super Efficient doesn't pay off

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Super Efficient doesn't pay off

Postby greenwoo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Soooo
Mrs G has a love hate relationship with .....ta da ....the Vacuum cleaner, a corded Dyson. Bless her, she has less mechanical sympathy than me, and often heard around the house are curses relating to said machine, followed by a thump or a whack as she tries to put the handle away.
There's normally a rant relating to the fact that it doesn't suck ( an irony lost on her )....needless to say the cause is often the fact that she's tried to hoover up a lump of coal, half a log or its just plain full and needs to be emptied.

3 days back the cursing was worse than normal as it seemed she'd finally killed off her nemesis....''King thing won't turn on now'.....
i sauntered in and flicked the switch, akin to a Level 1 PC Engineer who plies his trade switching computers on/off and declaring that they're fixed. Alas, to my dismay that trick doesnt work with a Dyson.....the fecker remained silent ( the cleaner not the wife).

So i decided for once to be super efficient - well it was Xmas Eve and guests were expected, hence the quick tidy up. So i changed the fuse.....nope, nada, zip, zilch....so i cut the cable reckoning that it was more twisted than Twist McTwisty...surely the cables had shorted and caused this 'mare? So i spliced n a temp length of wire and hey presto.....bugger all, nothing.

By then i'm sure Dysons ears were burning....well i hope they were!

The offending article was shoved into a spare room and the model it replaced resurrected from the office.....'Now be careful, i repaied this one with rubber bands, a prayer and super glue'.....that didn't stop the good lady from battering it to within an inch of its life. So a short time ago i researched what to buy.....and on a whim, happened to google....'Dyson stopped working'.....

the 3 rd hit down the page?
Dysons have a protector circuit that will shut down your cleaner in the event of it overheating through a blockage.....leave it for 1 hour and then plug it back in'.....

FFS....yep, it bloody works. Handy, as i've thrown the cut cable away and i don't think the 4 ft length of 2.5mains cable will prove to be that useful in the short term!

Lesson learnt. I will go back to my old ways of procrastination and i'll leave being 'super efficient' to someone else.

b33fy

Re: Super Efficient doesn't pay off

Postby b33fy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Keep the plug, throw the rest away, put said plug on a Miele.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

steve m

Postby steve m » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 pm

lovley post, Mark, but whats it about ? as housework is for the Mrs .......................
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm in tears ,you are so funny :lol:

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”