Everything that’s annoying about apple..

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Everything that’s annoying about apple..

Postby b33fy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 pm

One for Mr G..

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... SApp_Other

Did they miss anything? :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Everything that’s annoying about apple..

Postby greenwoo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:59 pm

ha ha, sounds about right.....
FWIW - my loathing of 'them' started with ipods which back in the day meant itunes, which was shite, added to which it was nigh on impossible to transfer your own music between devices without setting up various accounts and whatnot.

But the thing that equally pissed me off was the magpies who had to have the 'shiny shiny' mp3 player that was the - ipod, no imagination to buy /research anything else; Its shiny, it must be good.....a bit like the invasion of brushed alli Jap/Taiwanese crap hi-fi in the 70's.....wow, its shiny, its got more buttons - it must be better than anything else.

i'll admit, i bought mini ipod things for the gym ( yeah i used to go, well once)....had to disappear up my own backside to have music for Sues/mine/Aj's....
a mate had the full 20gb or whatever it was back then......'oh i can get a zillion songs on it'....course you can you muppet, at 56kb you could import the whole of the China and store in on there - but it was like listening to an LP whilst holding the needle half in/out of the groove.

Then someone asked for help with their lappie, now i'm no pc engineer but i wasn't too shabby - till they showed me a Mac....now i'm sure that they are great bits of kit, but FFS why on earth make it difficult for the average Joe.....'Safari' ? really....

By then i'd spat my dummy out and got me an mp3 player from m/soft, which operated as one would expect - like an external drive, no proprietary format, no sync issues....plug it into anyones pc/lappie and hey presto.

And then then the fookers brought out the phones....and lo and behold daughter wanted one, why? err everyones getting them, they're cool'....ah, the old form over function scenario again. So to appease and earn brownie points i looked at getting one on the company account......'err just to let you know that the warranty isn't the same as with your HTC's/Samsung....if it goes wrong we want it backto send it off to Apple'.....oh, so no 2 year warranty/next day swap out? err no,not with those.

I know many who love their apple gear, me, i'm the git that has a long memory....whilst maybe today there's no need for a million accounts/passwords, maybe now itunes as a platform for storing music is better, maybe their phones are intuitive - i'd rather chew on Jobs left testicle than own one of their products.

cheers Mike, i have been having a 'bit of a time of it' recently - that cheered me up. in the absence of booze a good old mini rant works wonders!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:00 am

Haha, good read Mike and loving (and wholeheartedly agree with) your rant Mark :lol:

This amused me https://youtu.be/WzqXzYGN-gs
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:44 am

They missed the worse thing IMO. The blatant battery performance degradation which just happens to coincide with a new iPhone release.

steve m

Postby steve m » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:57 am

I am an Apple fan, but biased by the fact that I went straight from a Nokia 3210 to an iphone 4, so had no experience of androids and the like

I may be very lucky, as ive NEVER had an issue with the 4, or 6 that I have now, nor my wifes ipad, except for battery life on both could be a better

However for work we use HTC phones, that are crap, lose signal all the time, don't send emails until we are back in the office, and for me clunky to work with, we also have Huawei tablets that work with a very similar platform to ipads, but again, don't do the job properly, and we have to clear all pics and emails on a daily basis for them to even have a chance of sending our work to Head office

So, I use my iphone, and never had an issue

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:45 am

Thought you’d written the article Mr G :lol:

I’m not an Apple fanboy, though there are a few products in the household, 2x iPad, a MacBook Pro, bought instead of a surface pro (close call) iPod classic, Apple TV, and airport express( the last three not used) oh and two phones. They are nice and shiny, :lol: though bought because they work and they seem to do what it says on the tin, albeit at a not inconsiderable price..

Totally agree with the MP3 issue, shite format, use FLAC now for streaming and convert for the car etc if need be.

If there was a decent alternative instead of android crap I’d go for it.

Be interesting to see if the wheels are finally falling off the apple money machine..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol3LhKQJC1U

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Can't see anything I disagree with on that list. I haven't bought anything from Apple for myself but my daughter has twisted my arm :(

Flac player- I have an Ibasso DX 80, great sound quality, micro sd slot and a replaceable battery :)

For your home pc, when it gets too slow for the latest Windows or Apple software, try running Linux on it, it will be faster and won't cost anything.

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:41 pm

I use the MacBook Pro for video and I’ve had iPhones predominately for years but I hate what Apple is doing in the later/est models of both the phone and the laptop.

I decided to upgrade the MacBook earlier this year by fitting Solid State drives and maxing out the ram rather than moving to the latest machine. Which turned out to be a great decision.

On the phone front after three and a half years with the iPhone 6s+ I’ve now changed the phone for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 because it has great reviews, a large battery and screen and great camera (all very important to me! Oh and there is a £150 cashback on it at the moment which makes it a good deal as much as any of them are a good deal.

I prefer the iPhone interface and environment but that’s because I’m used to it.

I think Apple have lost their way and they need to step up. Interestingly Samsung and Sony last year took mobile phones off there 5 year strategic capital investment plans as they see the market as flooded and the two refresh cycle is now 3 years plus with the phones becoming commodities.

I’ll let you know how the android phone is?
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:15 pm

its amazing how little things on the phones can ( with me atleast ) get blown into a big thing some of which thankfully disappear....
i loved HTC's, then they made the top model the size of a brick, swapped to samsung and the biggest gripe is that the vol button is on the wrong side....but apparently according to Mrs G - i'm a freak.cos i use my right hand to hold the phone ( apparently that's weird as right handers supposedly hold phones with their left hand?????

just been sent a Huawei p20pro.....not sure if i'll keep it or back it for the samsung 9...the camera on the Huawei with the few shots i've taken is awesome, but (yeah saddo alert) it doesnt feel quite right. Will swap the sim out over Xmas when i get 5 mins and see whether its a usable phone....

one things for sure, its tough for any of those companies to keep their brand at the top for long...3 cameras/4 cameras 40+mega pixels....tbh, i'd like them to invest in getting the most out of their antenna/aerial or whatever they're called.....surely reception/usability is key?

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”