Digital Motor and ......best sucker ever

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Digital Motor and ......best sucker ever

Postby greenwoo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Most know that i'm not mechanically minded- but a certain advert has had me scratching my brain.
I'm sure that you;ll have heard/seen the ad....it starts with an annoying twonk telling us that to get the best suction we need one of his machines, better still, that he is so invested in this new technology that he/his company are going to focus solely on this super dooper new 'thing'....the digital motor.

Thankfully as part of a refurb at Casa G there's no heavy objects within easy reach...otherwise i'd have saved my ears the pain of listening . Pray tell me folks - wtf is a 'digital motor'?

as for his claim paired with his plastic machine it gives the best suction - clearly he hasn't considered Tori Lane and a bit of speed. I know which i'd prefer to invest in.

Sky Record, Sky Cube, Humax....blah blah blah,how about someone making a recorder or tv that has an 'allowed'/'banned' feature. Soon as that muppet appears the ad is replaced by something worthwhile like the knockout from Hagler/Hearns or Mansell winning the Indy Car...
wow, take it a step further and filter out anyone/anything, Boris J would be replaced by a buffon ( oh wait), or Macintyre by someone who's actually funny......
There's gotta be as much mileage in that idea as a so called digital motor....don't know why Ferrari haven't signed him up if he's that frigging clever.

steve m

Re: Digital Motor and ......best sucker ever

Postby steve m » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:33 pm

The answer is don't watch TV, and I am a better person for it !

I now, once home have a trawl through the TV guide
https://www.tvguide.co.uk

I usually see whats on Discovery, and if nowt turn to sport, and then in desperation films
I rarely watch BBC ITV or CH4 as its all mindless drivel meant for mindless housewifes and peedos

And if theres nowt on, the TV stays off, and I get lost on some really weird tangent on the tinternet

Infact, ive just watched /viewed video's about Crusader tanks in WW2 Maternal Grandfather was a tank captain in one in WW2 and about HMS Rodney as Paternal Grandfather served from 1936-1947 on the Rodney

Now going to bed, and the TV hasn't even been switched on, yet I can here the downstairs one, and Swmbo is watching DRIVEL

The moral is, I don't watch adverts !

steve
Last edited by steve m on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 am

Has it got a blue light as well?

Ferrari won’t sign him, they’re pretty good at fooking up without him.

Dyson are shite, just walk around Staplehurst market tat stalls, loads of broken ones.

Henry or Miele are king.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

David T

Postby David T » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 am

I assume this is about one of Mr D's vacs. I did watch one of AvE's videos on YouTube where he tore down the hair dryer with the digital motor. There is some smart engineering in there, but you have to want to pay the premium for it.

I'm not convinced you need so much complexity in a vac. A motor, a fan blade and a new paper bag does a very good job for little money.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:30 pm

It's just a digitally controlled motor. Old school motors had brushes & an armature to switch between the coils & keep the motor rotating (otherwise it turns until the poles align then stops. Modern motors do away with the mechanical switching n& replace it with a computer, they are much more powerful. :geek:

kenton

Postby kenton » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:59 pm

This thread got me thinking about suction and an incident from my time at ag college.
I was doing a machinery bias course but a "friend" was doing the livestock version, anyway.....
While milking one morning he too was thinking about suction and stuck his tool in the milking machine, boy did that thing suck, :shock: so much suction it drew blood almost instantly!!

graham b

Postby graham b » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Blood y hell :shock:
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 pm

a "friend" was doing the livestock version, anyway.....
While milking one morning he too was thinking about suction and stuck his tool in the milking machine, boy

But you're ok now Kenton? No lasting side effects, you don't panicky when you hear a cow moo'ing? or when Felicity is doing the hoovering?

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm

That didn't take long to go off topic did it? :lol:

scotty

Postby scotty » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:36 pm

he making a car at the mo(moo)not the cow dyson.have meet him oddly interesting fella really likes royal enfield trials bikes?? which is odd for some one who likes things that are made well.
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”