Bit of a surprise

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Bit of a surprise

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:10 pm

So those that have an inkling of where i live know that the lanes are at places tighter than Tony B on a cheap night out...
throw in to the mix that for some reason or another the hedges weren't cut back in the Spring and they are def a challenge....put it this way, going past a cyclist presents a problem in places unless car or biker stop....

Soooo this morning I had to run an errand, grabbing my passport I set off for the strange land that is ...Sevenoaks. All good, no muppets, no cyclists.....just the joys of trying to find someone in Wickes to point me toward a non existent product. So i was out a bit longer than expected and knowing the lanes more intimately than a drunk knows his meths i cracked on....only to come round a corner to find......

drum roll

a frigging tank coming the other way. Now before some smart bum says - 'well it couldn't have been very big if the lanes are that narrow'....
It was big enough and i'm sure heavy enough to win the tried and trusted 'Tank vs Rav4' fight....frankly i didn't hang about to find out. Slammed the old girl into reverse and scooted off as quick as i could to a junction to let it past....'course, i should have known, they don't travel alone, always it pairs - so it was backed up by an armoured personnel carrier. WTF??????

2 mins later a yank tank ( no not a tank this time but a big 'ole' truck daubed in green) came by as well...seems that they were all off to the War and Peace show....
and to my amusement i asked the fella where they'd come from and how come they were in the lanes....
i kid you not, word for word....

'Oh we operate out of a secret bunker in the woods, can't tell you where but it's in this area'

REALLY?

'Oh says i, does yoru secret bunker happen to be down a driveway next to Silver Birches, the detached house down Bower Lane'?

He looked a bit crestfallen that anyone should know the whereabouts of said 'bunker'....

Wingco

Re: Bit of a surprise

Postby Wingco » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:44 pm

That is quality M , couldn’t have been better if you had planed it.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

David T

Postby David T » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Hope you didn't tell em your name Pike.

Good job was not when I was picking up my lights from yours and happened to have the caravan on the back. How sillh did i feel. I was really concerned I'd meet something like an HGV and we'd still be there now. That said in scissors, Volvo, tank, there's only on winner.

steve m

Postby steve m » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:42 pm

"Hope you didn't tell em your name Pike."

one of the best lines in comedy
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”