Google Apps/ Outlook

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Google Apps/ Outlook

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 pm

just in case there's a clever sod who can help......

Soooooo 'cos of this frigging GDPR malarky i decided to add a layer of protection on my lappie to stop anyone 'easily' opening/accessing my emails.
The emails are stored on google cloud / google apps and are downloaded into outlook on various machines here.

So, i set a password for the account that relates to business email ( as there's also a sep outlook account for the skcc stuff)....
all was hunky dory til earlier today i closed the work outlook to open the skcc one....naturally when i went to reopen the business/google outlook account it asked for the password.....and i typed in what i thought i'd set it to....
ooops wrong!
tried every variation i can think of and zip, zilch, nada.

Have downloaded various programs free and otherwise and same result, they all spout off about being able to recover/get round passwords but none have triumphed.

In the absence of any great ideas guess will have to create a fresh account on outlook and then download the whole .pst file again....which i wanted to avoid as it took ages since its about 5gb and we have low bband speeds....

so if you have a cunning idea, feel free to share and will gladly give it a go.....
ta

russtik

Re: Google Apps/ Outlook

Postby russtik » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:51 pm

I’m guessing when you updated your password you also “activated” a different type of authentication such as two factor authentication. This would mean a simple password from Outlook isn’t going to get you access to your Google account anymore.

That’s my first idea anyway, ring any bells?
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Google Apps/ Outlook

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:44 pm

nope, don't think so Russ.
The pword was created from within outlook and should have no bearing on the actual google password....hence still being able to access from the other logins/machines.

it was along these lines ( not using exchange just outlook)
https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/outlook/2312-outlook-open-with-password.html

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”