Man Cave Mk2

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: Man Cave Mk2

Postby b33fy » Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:31 pm

Another week on the cladding and roof. Not much to show for the efforts really. Rain and a trip to Edinburgh ate into the working time. Started on the front section of roof, image below taken prior to starting. Hopefully it’ll progress quickly. Did a ready reckoner of the materials. Looks like we might have a couple of pallets over, which hopefully can be returned and exchanged for some expensive cast iron guttering. We also need to cut another 700 bullets.The plasterer is popping in Monday to size up the external rendering hopefully to start soon.
Attachments
IMG_7392.jpeg
IMG_7397.jpeg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:50 pm

An odd week or so, progress has felt slow. Long story short.. cladding is now complete except some trim to be done when the new door is fitted. This will be done at a later stage to avoid damage with materials, tools etc coming in and out.

The plasterer popped by last Monday. Happy to start the rendering in a couple of weeks or so. Just gotta juggle his work around and will let us know when firmed up. In the meantime we are going to focus on the living area and try and get it ready for plastering whilst he’s here doing the outside.

The roof has come to a bit of an interlude. Unfortunately the slater has been diagnosed with cancer and will be undergoing treatment. He is expecting to continue to work and wants to finish the roof. Happy to support him between treatments in whatever way possible. Just gonna take a little longer I guess. We need to cut another 600 bullets, might make a “how to” video as so many people have asked and the “B&Q mate” response is wearing a bit thin.

The tour of Britain cycle race started in Kelso Tuesday, with a rolling start right outside the lodge. Sadly the camera helicopter was grounded due to bad weather so no decent shots. Swmbos here so we bailed and went to Cragside in Northumberland to avoid the Chaos tbh. Grabbed a £15 breakie on the way! A few shots below including a posh crocheted dishcloth. The windows have a film applied to protect the interiors from uv/sun damage.

Got a set of wheels in great condition for the Yeti, off the bay, £37.50 each. A lot cheaper than refurbing as they are diamond cut. Old ones are corroded with one loosing pressure. Sorted the leaky one today. Looks odd so will have to sort the others soon.
Attachments
IMG_7456.jpeg
IMG_7454.jpeg
013A3076.jpeg
013A3062.jpeg
013A3098.jpeg
013A3083.jpeg
IMG_7419.jpeg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:40 pm

Nice photos, I like that breakfast, but I would ditch the sausages :mrgreen:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:45 am

Some roofing progress punctuated by a family funeral in Ireland. James has been working with the Slater to move things forward whilst he undergoes treatment. I’ve been mostly inside noggin out for the kitchen and prepping for plasterboard.

Shot across to Ireland wednessday night for a close cousin’s funeral. All happens so quickly over there, just a few days between death and burial. Couldn’t get a flight to Limerick so flew into Dublin and had a bit of a road trip. Couldn’t find a hotel either so the plan was to live in the hire car for 24 hours returning Thursday night. :lol: Got myself a big Volvo XC90 fully loaded, pretty new T8 version. Over 400bhp so got up there quick until it bottomed out at 112 in old money and a 20mpg kicker. :lol:

Back to it now with a short interlude on the roof for a while as the slater goes for a treatment and break.
Attachments
IMG_7480.jpeg
IMG_7502.jpeg

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”