Our Racers......

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Our Racers......

Postby greenwoo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Neil (Nash) made an interesting point about promoting the Club...and it seems that there's a good opportunity to show a little support for those that compete and involve ourselves, by way of a graphic/sticker.

It would be great if we were in a position to provide a financial incentive, but simply - we can't.

So, if any of the competitors would be prepared to have some stickerage on their machine please drop me a PM and we'll see what can be done. As far as i'm aware that would be Jeff, Jay, Paul......and for sure, if there's no space, or you prefer not to clutter the livery, then totally understand.

Over to you guys.....and if i've missed anyone in the above, apologies, just PM me too!

Crunchie Gears

Re: Our Racers......

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:27 am

I have the vector file for the “Fun is not a straight line” and it is going on the carin recognition of the support from all the club members. Really appreciated! :D :D

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:31 am

il pop one on for my hillclimbs this year :D 8-)
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Mark, if there is any funds needed for the extra stickers or if we need to order more etc, or even if the boy racers want some special sizes done, then perhaps we can contribute to that, I'm up for that.

Just an idea
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Much better put mark, yes so the idea being we as a club contribute an amount towards the stickerage and maybe if there’s enough we can help with some of the expenses that go in to racing which brings me to a burning question that hopefully the racers can help me out with if it’s not too much of a prying question....... what does a season cost in monetary values ???????
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:30 pm

My estimate rob is around +15k.
That cost doesnt include anything upto what ive spent already like the car or any of its components the ards test, barc membership and series entries those alone have cost over 500. The safety gear was nearly 1400.
Also factoring ive not alowed for damage or upgrades needed/required for the season within the 15k. Its not cheap Rob and yes its our dicession but as said a little help goes along way towards me not having to sell a kidney to carry on.
Scares me to keep typing think im going to have a heart attack. Hope this helps rob

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Rob I think our budget is out of control already :o

The entry fees are 2.5k per UK race and a little more for the Zandvoort race. The car now owes 35k. We need a new set of tyres every race, the gearbox needs rebuilding once or twice a season by Sandev. Beginning to regret it now. :lol: :lol:

To give you an idea it costs about 25k to rent a seat in a car with three drivers for the UK rounds. :shock: :shock:

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:34 pm

I should say that over a season with testing, qualifying and the races the car can be on the track for 94 hours.

I am also told that all rounds will be televised on Motorsport.tv and some of them on Eurosport. I am not sure how much we will feature unless it as the leaders lap us!

Dick

Postby Dick » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:10 pm

I think 15K is being very optimistic just to run the car for a season racing.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:23 pm

It's always been expensive. A friend entered a kitcar championship in the 80s and turned up to Silverstone (I think) for what turned out to be a wet practice. He's a quick driver, but failed to qualify. The weekend brought him down to earth, particularly when he found the top teams were spending more on tyres than he had budgeted for the whole season :(

I'll chip in if you need some money to print stickers. It will be good to see the SKCC sticker on some race cars even if they aren't kits :)

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”