Fun Cup

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Crunchie Gears

Fun Cup

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 am

I went over to PT Sportscars last week have a look on progress of the Fun Cup car.

The wiring has been complete by Ralph Higson and he has check all the wiring replaced any that was not right and fitted waterproof connectors where necessary. He also found the faults that stopped the car working at Silverstone.

The panels have been stripped some new ones purchased and all the old ones repaired and painted (picking up the last few today).

Ian Payne (team driver and MD at PT) has done a great job as he has secured the mechanic, Tom, from the team that came 3rd in the championship last year. Tom is a very nice man and has come with his check lists. He has not found too much more to do. :D :D

The body work is going back on.
Attachments
4349ED60-7E6F-4FE7-AD60-9A75DCA8AD05.jpeg

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Fun Cup

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 am

good to see the progress Paul....bet you're itching to get out testing again!

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Looks good , soooo , do you need a back up driver ;) that’s gonna feel amazing competing
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Ian, Tom and I are going to Anglesey on the 20 March and Oulton Park the following day. The car has telemetry and so Ian will set the challenge and see how I perform. :evil: 8-) :oops: It should be a good opportunity to see the gap!

Rob we did think about how many drivers to have and have decided 2 as that would give me the most time behind the wheel to learn how to race. The issue is that the car is being prepared so well and, the team so professional I am loosing any excuses I might have had :roll:

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Crunchie Gears wrote:Ian, Tom and I are going to Anglesey on the 20 March and Oulton Park the following day. The car has telemetry and so Ian will set the challenge and see how I perform. :evil: 8-) :oops: It should be a good opportunity to see the gap!

Rob we did think about how many drivers to have and have decided 2 as that would give me the most time behind the wheel to learn how to race. The issue is that the car is being prepared so well and, the team so professional I am loosing any excuses I might have had :roll:

Nah
You don’t need an excuse as long as you’ve tried your hardest which I know you will, first year, set a goal of last place and anything better is a bonus, you’ll do better than you think ;)
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks Rob appreciated :D

I have set my sights on winning some prize money. :lol: We may have to sabotage the opposition :lol: :lol:

Granted it is not the same but Ian has been coaching me on PS4 and I am considerably faster as a result and know which way some of the circuits go. PS4 does not have Anglesey on it and it is the second circuit with 2 x 3 hour races and one in the dark. I keep thinking maybe I should have done Caterham Academy :)

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:33 pm

It’s going to be epic Paul. Breathe it all in Sir. :D
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 pm

You will be fine Paul, just got out and enjoy your self, I have a sneaky feeling that you are better than you think.
Keep smiling and enjoy.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Good stuff Paul, we must have an organised run out to support you this year! Defiantly wanna see this bad boy up close and personal.
9 is more than a number

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Looking forward to seeing a bit of action Paul. I received an email tonight from the hospitality co I used at brands, new manager. If you want me to look into getting a rate for a few places at the brands meeting let me know. Steff the owner always looked after James and I.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”