Morgan +4 super sport race car

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Crunchie Gears

Morgan +4 super sport race car

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:22 pm

I have just visited Morgan today to look at some race cars.

Morgan have been taking the P!ss out of the FunCup as it does not work very well at the minute so ——-. They asked if I wanted to look at a Morgan race car to three.

They have a Morgan Babydoll, an AR 6 and the said +4 supersport. All are setup for racing. Bery tempted with the supersport. It is a Duratec on throttle bodies and is 210 bhp. The car weights 800 Kgs.

Hmmm not sure what to do LOL.

DJ.

Re: Morgan +4 super sport race car

Postby DJ. » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:50 pm

I have a friend who owns a 2 litre Duratec engined Morgan. He tells me the Supersport cars haven't been well received by owners, because the engine is too peaky and although fast when thrashed, it doesn't suit the car well. Apparently, some owners have been disappointed and traded them in for other models.

Obviously, on a circuit this probably won't be a problem, but I wonder whether they might be keen to move those models on.

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Duncan, most of the Morgan drivers are of an age :oops: The car drives very well and the only other supersport up for sale is much more money than I would need to pay. So, man maths, it would be a good investment :roll: :lol:

I have not discussed this with Head Office yet :o Need to look at wether I can afford it and do two series next year and if Head Office will be supportive :? :roll: Morgan racing is gentlemen racing and, although competitive, I might do better in the Morgan challenge? :D

Nash

Postby Nash » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Crunchie Gears wrote:Duncan, most of the Morgan drivers are of an age :oops: The car drives very well and the only other supersport up for sale is much more money than I would need to pay. So, man maths, it would be a good investment :roll: :lol:

I have not discussed this with Head Office yet :o Need to look at wether I can afford it and do two series next year and if Head Office will be supportive :? :roll: Morgan racing is gentlemen racing and, although competitive, I might do better in the Morgan challenge? :D

I can see the head office proposal work being “formed” before my very eyes! Haha
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Dick

Postby Dick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 pm

210hp and 800kg bit of a lump think in need to get my finger out so you can have a test drive

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Omex are heavily involved with Morgan on these engines.

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”