Tuesday April 25th

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Crunchie Gears

Re: Tuesday April 25th

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Great weather and company.

But first, Neil may have cheated with his pics as the as the powder blue, Gulf colored car is not mine! It is a replica LOL.

I did have a little trouble today as I got bumped for noise. (It was touch and go as they called me and the replica in too). So I went and bought a bung for the exhaust and got bumped again on the next session. Two hits and you are out.

Mark very kindly let me have a go in his car after that which is very much appreciated.

Brilliant day and I have a little GoPro footage to load up over the next day or two.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:07 am

Firstly Tony B check out my non-roof!!!!

What a great day. Thanks to everyone that participated and also came to visit.

It was a shame that the noise police were quite so "on it" but other than that I think we all had a good time. Especially those whose day was I'm sure made by the Brands Burger which had extra cheese and go faster stripes! :lol: I ducked that one.

I'll post a few pics up later on.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 am

'twas indeed a cracking day, boy did get lucky with the weather, plenty of sun, albeit it was a tad on the fresh side.
interesting mix of machinery from a few comp cars that were clearly testing to a few 'hot' road cars with the usual smattering of track day hacks inbetween- not to mention a fair few caterhams & '7esques.
On thar note bumped into the Eastbourne Posse; Craig/Aid/Sean and Co. who were having their own little 'series'.

The tiger did well, its owner less so - the report card reads ' must try harder'. Paul stepped in for a couple of couple of stints, and agreed that the Tiger is bloody hard work; in comparison to the Caterham it feels very heavy on the steering. Was good watching it from the sidelines, looked nice and flat with very little roll.

Had a few friendly faces pop up during the day; Tony T, Neil, Mike, Dick and Jay to encourage and banter with. Grabbed a shandy down at the 'local' sitting outside taking in a few rays before saying 'bye' to Paul & Neil.

and Neil....didn't you say that you were going to edit that pic to make it look like i was going fast???

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 am

greenwoo wrote:
and Neil....didn't you say that you were going to edit that pic to make it look like i was going fast???

I'm good but I'm NOT THAT good :D
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 am

Mark you forgot to mention some of the ARDS testing bods that wouldn't move out of the way or indeed check their mirrors. FAIL! :o :D

There were some quite serious set ups and kit up there. Not to mention some proper race cars. Made for an interesting dynamic on track. I wonder if they met the "no lap timing or data logging" criteria sent out in the terms and conditions ha ha ha. They couldn't even be bothered to park outside their own garage and took a real shine to the real estate just in front of your garage door which was good of them. Should have wheel clamped the buggers :lol:

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 am

Chris surely people do not use data logging on track days 8-) :? :lol: :lol:

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:21 am

Crunchie Gears wrote:Chris surely people do not use data logging on track days 8-) :? :lol: :lol:

Heaven forbid :roll:
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:27 am

I know terrible state of affairs. :D :D

Wasn't sure how strict they'd be. Lesson learnt. :lol:

Must remember to remove the racelogoc kit from the other motor. It's not particularly subtle unlike other systems being a bit "boxy".

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Some picture that sum up the day

IMG_4382.PNG
Happy chaps in the sun!
IMG_4383.PNG
The cars ready to go
IMG_4386.PNG
Lunch time V8 entertainment Cars the movie style
IMG_4387.PNG
Fly past?
IMG_4388.PNG
Think it's time to get some fuel after the mornings fun.
IMG_4390.PNG
Tyres definitely got warm!

scotty

Postby scotty » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:39 pm

Looked a fun day.i got in the gate at 3...then had a phone call for 20 mins and had to bugger off quick but i did get to hear some cars going round!!! Was not a happy bunny.i will book a few track days this week end i think
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”