Cobra reqd for Donnington charity day Friday 30th July

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Furyblade_Lee

Cobra reqd for Donnington charity day Friday 30th July

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm

If anyone with a COBRA can help, Russel from wishes4kids ( [email protected] )has asked me to source a Cobra for the fleet of 40 cars giving rides to terminally ill and dissadvantaged kids at Donnington. Here is a link from a couple of years ago for a flavour of the event :

http://redirectingat.com/?id=1044X50985 ... rity%20day

If you can do it, you will be assigned a "bus stop", 2 helpers to load the kids in, and a 60 second "sprint" type track on which to entertain your precious cargo. Quick cars can hit 90mph on the run. I warn you it can be very emotional, and I freely admit I have cried my eyes out in the car before, but it is very very rewarding. 200 kids will be attending so expect to be busy! Please only volunteer if you are 100% sure you can make it, as when people do not turn up it causes turmoil. They pre-event print a poster of your car for a big gallery where children can choose what car they want to ride in. So if you have a Cobra, or at a push something very special like a Stratos or GT40 ?? get in tough with Russell ASAP and say Lee sent you!

James

Re: Cobra reqd for Donnington charity day Friday 30th July

Postby James » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:54 am

Amazing events these, i do events like this with the Lotus 7 Club, it's such a rewarding fun day, if you ever need a 7 just shout mate :)

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:31 am

James get a cardboard cutout of a cobra, put it over the top of your 7 then you can go in disguise :)
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

cobra andy

Postby cobra andy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:48 am

you would be best to put this over on the cobra club forum as there are a lot of cars in that area, they could take their pick. I dont use that forum but I know some of you do.

And yes any event like this is worthwile.

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”