What an eventful day at Crystal Palace (eventually)

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

cosmick

What an eventful day at Crystal Palace (eventually)

Postby cosmick » Sun May 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Well where do I start.
Managed to persuade John and Val (Turboblade) and Wetsfield Dave to go to Crystal Palace. so we left my house at 7.40 am to drive to our meeting point with John and Val. Had a bit of a spirited drive over to Lewes and got to the Newmarket Pub but with some fluid on the screen. I thought it was screen wash but when i tasted it, it was coolant. So lifted the bonnet off to find that the header tank had spewed a bit of coolant out. I am not sure whether this was due to an air lock in the engine after the rebuild or a head gasket gone. so i decided to turn around and head home whilst the others went to the Palace.

I decided when I got home to take my Tin Top and on the way up got a huge puncture that instantly deflated. it was a very large peice of metal that was sticking out of the tyre. On reaching home, i pulled it out and guess what it was, a bloody fishing lock knife, about 6 inches long.

So eventually got to the Palace and met up with the others. My friend Duncan Cowper was competing in his Turbo Hayabusa Dax Rush. Unbelievable performance from this car and he can drive. Any way, he got the FTD at 35.18 seconds beating the 2nd place person by a full 1 second. Most of the cars were doing plus 40 second runs so you can get an impression of how fast he was.

A brilliant day ruined by the first part but still worth the trip up to see a bike engined kit car beat everything.

All I need to do now is look at my car to see if the head needs to come off or not.

Mike. cosmick

cobra andy

Re: What an eventful day at Crystal Palace (eventually)

Postby cobra andy » Sun May 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Mike as you say not a good start lets hope the coolant is something simple, like a loose hose connection or something and not a partial strip down !

Glad to hear the palace was good taday as we are all heading up tomorrow, early start for meet in bromley at 8.15 which is an hours run for me :o

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun May 30, 2010 9:21 pm

The winner of the day i believe.
Attachments
CIMG0267 (320 x 240).jpg
CIMG0267 (320 x 240).jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

dave.n

Postby dave.n » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Only did the monday, but had a great day.
cars good :D
racing good :D
weather good (bit cold but dry) :D
company good :D :D
loadsa people :D

all good and a terrific ride home.
Only criticism could have done with a few crappy stuff for sale stands. One stand selling jewelry (£200 for a silver bracelet) they didn't sell anything. and a book stall. needed car crap stands and junk jewelry (to keep sandwich mechanics happy).

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”