Le Mans Series Sebring Sat 20th

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Le Mans Series Sebring Sat 20th

Postby greenwoo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:11 pm

Just a heads up that the ALMS is live on Motors TV Sat 20th......come on Aston!

greenwood03

Re: Le Mans Series Sebring Sat 20th

Postby greenwood03 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:33 am

Well caught a bit of this yesterday whilst waiting for the rugby and footie to start. P1 was a bit of a farce with only Peugot running as the Audi car didn't meet the regs. Watched solidly for the first 30/40 mins and then dipped in + out, but that first session, it was like a sprint race - not 12 hours endurance. Brilliant racing with the field so tightly bunched it was just great to watch: P1 leaders fighting for places lapping the GT cars within a few laps and making them look stationary.

its made me feel the need for a Le Mans party as am not going down this year. Wonder if i can persuade Mrs G to vacate the premises that weekend: Donuts in the pub car park opposite, race round the lanes on push bikes before settling down to watch it on a 12ft screen in the garden with a pair of big old speakers - with DaxMatt throwing across the occasional burger.

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:14 pm

That was going really well until you said "racing round the lanes on push bikes!?!?!?!?!"
it was like a random statement in a perfectly good sentence :roll: Was it a secret encoded message to spies in troubled lands? you know like "the ducks fly backwards over Siberia"

...........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:11 pm

no Neil, no code seeemples: Le Mans = a terrific race/atmosphere, pushbikes to get around, a few cheeky beers and a small party - og and some fine machinery to drool over on the way there and back - was just trying to replicate the whole experience Chez Greenwood

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm

ho hum, Marky G. Like the idea of a mock LM24 party at yours!! So much that I have re-entered on the calendar in the study (you know, the one that I bring out to say that I have 'booked it') :lol:
A run out on Saturday afternoon and then back to yours, get the marquee up and tents pitched, bbq ready, screen up and off we go :twisted:
Shall we chip in to send Sue and AJ off for the weekend?? ;)
Fun is not a straight line

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Mmmm thats sounding like a plan Nigel, if we could get rid of them - not permanently you understand! then we could have a bit of a ball and recreate the full atmosphere.That reminds me that the 'group' projector died, so need another one for Nurburgring + future 'events'.
I'll start working on operation - get rid of the family.

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 pm

is it def broke,i thought it was a lose connection last time,lost the blue if i remember

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:22 pm

That's it. It's on the calendar. I will put the tent up the week before so I get a good pitch near the shower block..... :D
We will need to watch the start (as you do), clear off for some beers (as you do), walk around the screen for a different view (as you do), eat a bit, get slaughtered (as you do) and wake up feeling like sh*8. Good thing it's closer to home than Mulsanne. ;)
Fun is not a straight line

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 pm

opk, i'll dress up as Gendarme and make you do a couple of wheel spins before morphing into an irate cop with pepper spray.
Nigel, your pal Andy c end across a couple of tubs of Rillette - can i suggest a break from tradition, i'm not a fan of Kronenburg. Mmmm best you don't mention it to Sye just yet, i'll bide my time and pick the right moment!

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”