Minirod last weekend

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Matth93

Minirod last weekend

Postby Matth93 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:20 pm

I decided to go back to Swaffham with the mini on Saturday this time it was a actual race meeting not testing.
At the briefing I found out they’d decided I was a blue top (grading done by roof colours white=no/lowest in points, yellow=a few points, blue =more points and red are top of the points) I don’t know how they’d got to this although I used to be a blue 10 years ago in the stock rod.
The first race I started in 8th place with only one behind me. The car had less wheelspin out of the corner this time which was good ( I have changed a spring and disconnected the front anti roll bar to allow the front to work independently). It was very close bumper to bumper the whole race and the only way to pass was to get inside the guy in front if he made a mistake (or got helped into making one :twisted: ) I finished 6th anyway so not too bad.
The second race was pretty much the same and I managed to get another 6th
In the final I messed up into one bend and went wide letting the guy behind through. Then a couple of bends later he spun a car out taking another with it, I had to anchor to avoid them but after that I just couldn’t catch the pack again as the front tyres seemed to have gone off and we’re not working very well other than to make a lot of noise :lol:
I forgot to put the camera on in the car till the last race so this is the only video I’ve got from the meeting
https://youtu.be/SUkByGmcxYg

DJ.

Re: Minirod last weekend

Postby DJ. » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:25 pm

I watched the video earlier, you seemed quicker than the pack to start, but as you say your pace dropped off. I did wonder why you started so far back, it is a handicap system then!

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:26 pm

DJ. wrote:I watched the video earlier, you seemed quicker than the pack to start, but as you say your pace dropped off. I did wonder why you started so far back, it is a handicap system then!

Yes so as you score more points you get moved further back it gives the others a bit more chance and also means the faster cars have to get through the traffic

locost220

Postby locost220 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:27 pm

Shame about having to avoid both those incidents Matt.
So too early to say if you prefer there or Lydden hill ?
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:57 am

I prefer Lydden as it’s a bigger faster track but Swaffham is quite good fun the only thing is if you get it wrong at Swaffham your hitting Armco straight away not going across the grass to a tyre wall

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 am

Well done matt for getting out,
shame I couldn’t of joined you.
(Put my back out)
I’m determined to get out next time.
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”