Engine gone bang

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

Engine gone bang

Postby leegav » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Well after a long winter ive brought the car out of hibernation. Over the winter i have been out on a few runs then getting the car back on the jacks checking everything is ok. And.....suffice to say after my last 80 mile hoon a couple of weeks ago the car has performed well over the last few runs.

last year i entered the HSA hill climb championship and payed for my race licence but due to the unreliability of the car didnt actually compete, which was a real kick in the balls. and with lockdowns etc they just werent happening.

I applied for both again this year. After being refused an entry into the Goodwood Circuit due to them maxing out capacity and me being too late on my entry forms i was a bit gutted as i have always wanted to drive goodwood. anyway, luck was on my side and a couple of weeks ago late saturday night i had a call from the secretary of the event to invite me along, due to drop outs in my class. Past couple of weeks have been a bit manic sorting out car for scrutineering.

Regulations on spectators is a no go but i am allowed 3 helpers / mechanics on the day. So my 2.5 year old son Buddy will be chief wipe down boy, my mrs will be Chief Helmet strap women and Steve Teasdale (SteveRST) will be the main working party checking round the car with me after the practice and main run sessions.

What is cool is that because i hold a race licence and the event is classed as elite motorsport we can all stay in a hotel close by the night before. So we are getting together on friday in Chichester.

I believe Mike on here has been granted access for media photos too so will be a good little gathering over some racing and we will be not breaking the law.

Goodwood looks a fast track with a few of the corners flat and a undulating course so can be tricky if you dont balance the car well. Think my car is geared to 125 max so will easily be hitting that on some of the straights and couple of corners.

im a little nervous as this will be the first time the car has had a real good thrashing after fitting brake pressure sensors and new wheel bearings after they went at llandow test day last year.

Photos to follow and a write up when we get back. :D

Car will be on the trailer ready to go tomorrow :D 8-) .
Last edited by leegav on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

leegav

Re: Goodwood Sprint Sat 17th

Postby leegav » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:07 pm

course is 1 lap of the circuit and hoping for 4 or 5 laps
Attachments
mnr1.jpg

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Good luck lee, looking forward to pics and a thorough report.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:39 pm

The car looks a bit special Lee.
Hope all goes well but most of all enjoy yourself and bring the car and you home safe.
At least you will have a good mechanic on standby, well done Steve. Hope those picture come out well Mike, looking forward to seeing those.
Looking forward to the write up and photos.
All the best
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:55 pm

I’m looking forward to it. The spectator issue at events is a right fook up. Was supposed to be spectators for club events from this weekend, now put back to May 17th. Anyhow decided I couldn’t do without a fix of burning rubber and bouncing valves so decided to get my finger out and go for a media pass using the very small network I have. Long story short, I’m now an acredited photographer with the national association for sprints and hill climbs representing Speedscene Mag on the day. Really looking forward to it. A huge thanks to Jeff Wiltshire, as this is in no small part down to Jeff who got the ball rolling for me back in the precovid days.

I need some good shots Lee, so loads of wheel spin off the start line, cut the grass round St Mary’s and oppo lock at the chicane :lol: :lol: hopefully I’ll remember to press the button!
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:30 am

The car looks great 8-)
I hope you have a great day with no issues, and looking forward to Mike's photos.

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:55 am

Yesss Mike!!

I'm gunna send it :P :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:15 pm

Great looking car Lee, I've had a few laps around Goodwood when I went there for a bike day with a few friends quite a few years ago. I had an RG500 and it was awesome around there, sadly though I was several secs off the fastest RG due to having to ride it home afterwards so nowhere near the limits tried ;) . I still had a fantastic day there though so good luck and enjoy.

Jason

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:43 pm

leegav wrote:Yesss Mike!!

I'm gunna send it :P :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See you in the morning. :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:36 pm

Had a great day at Goodwood today, what a place! a petrolhead photographers paradise. full of atmosphere, great viewpoint and characterful buildings that make great back drops. I was shooting for Speedscene magazine and took over a thousand shots until the batteries died on the camera. I’ve yet to sift through them, though sorted Lee’s shots out and will post them up shortly. The organisers were top notch and I was able to sign on at Goodwood and was given a Media vest, luckily elasticated :lol:, the golden ticket for any togger with access ALL areas.. :o :shock: I loved every minute of it, hoping I’ll get the opportunity to return.

I’m sure Lee will be along at some point to tell his story, in the meantime, one image to tickle the tastebuds.
Attachments
52F2C92A-CD40-4621-BF6C-EB2531B45B35.jpeg

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”