Postby jeffw » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:53 pm

Won the class but it was interesting. Bit more data on the videos now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMLB5fuka4

Some sidewise action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Iekk3CHvQ

jeffw

Re: Wet weekend at Blyton

Postby jeffw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:31 pm

So 20 views and no comments. I appreciate this isn't kit car material and I'll stop posting on here if there is no appetite for the various Zeus vids.

Dick

Postby Dick » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Looking at the track conditions smooth is the only way , have you got the traction control working as can see the rev counter dancing ? How many went off . Sounds very nice i must add.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Lots of spinners/damaged fronts.

The car has wheel sensors on each corner now, need to then configure the Launch/Traction settings on the ECU. The speed is from the rear wheel sensor so you can see the wheel spin as the MPH suddenly jumps. 13 secs faster than this in the dry !

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:53 am

Keep them coming Jeff. I find it interesting to see the circuits that I’ve driven or want to drive. Which lay out of Blyton was that? There were a couple of bends I didn’t recognise.

What adjustments can you do to your car while you’re actually driving. It’s looks like an absolute weapon even in the wet!

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Ah sorry mate, I enjoyed it just didn’t think I had much to say/add.

In retrospect I should have at least posted a ‘thank you’. As Weathers said, keep them coming.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Weathers wrote:Keep them coming Jeff. I find it interesting to see the circuits that I’ve driven or want to drive. Which lay out of Blyton was that? There were a couple of bends I didn’t recognise.

What adjustments can you do to your car while you’re actually driving. It’s looks like an absolute weapon even in the wet!

It is the 'Eastern' Circuit and contains the infamous Curve Grandee into the final part of the Wiggler.

Not really much to change currently, on the 2nd video I turned the boost up to 11 after the start because I wanted to see what it was like and I'd already blown the start. Pretty interesting on the run down to Bishops !

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:53 pm

jeffw wrote:Not really much to change currently, on the 2nd video I turned the boost up to 11 after the start because I wanted to see what it was like and I'd already blown the start. Pretty interesting on the run down to Bishops !

Saw you change something, thought maybe you were changing the channel on the radio. Ha ha actually I thought it might be brake bias but wasn’t sure. It certainly looked a handful once you’d turned the wick up.

I fancy doing some sort of competition so any motorsport that people put up is of interest Jeff.

Out of interest. What made you go for sprinting as your form of competition?

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:45 pm

I wanted to compete but couldn't afford to replace/rebuild a car if I had someone else's accident. I accept I may crash/damage the car sprinting but the thought of someone else make a lunge or mistake and it costing me £10-20K doesn't appeal.

I'd love to circuit race but to do that in the Zeus would involve more people on race weekends and event without crash damage increase my budget by thousands of £. I could probable afford to circuit race in a lower tier competition (MX-5 or something) but I'm a bit addicted to slicks and wings now. We are potentially doing Time Attack in November which is another outlet.

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:05 pm

jeffw wrote:So 20 views and no comments. I appreciate this isn't kit car material and I'll stop posting on here if there is no appetite for the various Zeus vids.

Do we need to go through this every few months? How often do you comment on peoples videos of various road trips etc?
9 is more than a number

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”