Last Fun Cup

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Crunchie Gears

Last Fun Cup

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:49 am

Having come off the track twice at Croft about a month ago, the first time as the steering column let go and I had no steering and the second time as taking the power steering off means I cannot drive the car.

Anyway, I think coming off is not a problem if I run out of talent but the second steering column failure and additionally numerous suspension failures I think it is time to find a more reliable race car.

To make sure I made the right decision I did the Zandvoort weekend two weekends ago and finished the 2 x 3 hour races. Both races we came p13. The second race my first session was great fun as I had a very close race for position and got in front. Then got over excited made a mistake balancing the car, ran out of talent and did the slowest spin imaginable and lost all the places I had made up :evil:

So what confirmed the decision is my team mate came in with all the spokes on the near side front alloy wheel broke or cracked. How it did not give way completely I have no idea.

b33fy

Re: Last Fun Cup

Postby b33fy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:49 am

Sounds like a sensible move Paul. Those fun cup cars sound a bit like kit cars, inherent design faults, build quality issues and questionable reliability. I appreciate a lot depends on the prep and maintenance. At least if you go tin top you’re starting with a sound base to build on.

All the best with your choices, direction and journey.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 am

yep...sensible idea paul, a steering column breaking is not something to brush off. a second column to go you are very lucky.

any ideas whats next.... :D
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

locost220

Postby locost220 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 am

No steering is not a nice place to be I have experienced it a few times myself, chalk it up to experience and good luck where ever you go next.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:09 am

Oh, I have bought the car already :lol: :lol:

Morgan Club Sport with no roof and only a brooklands screen! :? made by blacksmiths and carpenters. what could go wrong!!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 am

Crunchie Gears wrote:Oh, I have bought the car already :lol: :lol:

Morgan Club Sport with no roof and only a brooklands screen! :? made by blacksmiths and carpenters. what could go wrong!!

woodworm.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:30 pm

b33fy wrote:

woodworm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :?

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Sometimes the hard decision it know when to stop. Good luck with the Morgan, it seems more you somehow :)

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:56 pm

I don't think you will regret the decision, and I look forward to seeing you race the new car. It's beautiful :)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Glad that you got Zandvoort ticked off again, totally understand your concerns & frustrations.....makes sense to get your kicks in other ways.

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”