Le Mans

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Le Mans

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:53 pm

soon as the new hypercars series starts, i'll be back down at La Sarthe to see them...

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:46 am

steve m wrote:I didn't Know that Tony was going, as so was I nearly for free, but this year wasn't prepared, and it was my Birthday, so Mrs wasn't pleased

Some good pics, Tony, and when I went in 2011 took 1200 Pics!!
of which about 100 were ok,

Lee, and others if its on your Bucket list do it, I waited until I was 51, and wished I had done it many many years before, its a great experience, great fun, and a real good petrol head few days

steve

I'd second that, but get some sleep before you go, not as many all night parties, fireworks, etc, as the previous time I went, but full on all the same. Happy to pass on any info for those interested
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:30 pm

SKCC run next year?
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 pm

leegav wrote:SKCC run next year?

Done it in 2002, a must do event. You're better off going in a van so you can chuck all your creature comforts in it. If you are staying in one of the trackside campsites, you’ll need as much as you can carry. The cars are parked up for the duration anyhow unless you want to join the boy racers off their trolleys trying to be the next tom kristensen on the infield. A good watch for a while which usually ends in tears lol.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:54 pm

exactly this..
You're better off going in a van so you can chuck all your creature comforts in it. If you are staying in one of the trackside campsites, you’ll need as much as you can carry.

we used to take a sprinter van filled to the gills and the rest traveled in a car(s)...as Mike says, i have no idea of the fascination of taking any form of nice car there, most folks trundle down the m/way, park them up and only use them to go and get supplies....which we negated by taking literally everything; freezers, fridge, booze and food. And IMHO one of the best cracks is to take a bike and ride out to a couple of places pre-race and during.

Looking forward to the end of July when the Silverstone Classic will host our/my UK version of LM Camping....aka Gentlemens Camping.

martinq357

Postby martinq357 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 am

The Le Mans Classic is well worth a visit too. Runs alternate years and I went in 2016 and 2018 having never been to the 'proper' race.
The chance to see everything from Mini Marco's and MGB's to Porsche 917's and Ferrari 512's racing is too good to miss. Watching a lone 917k burying the throttle out of eau rouge and wailing into the blackness of mulsanne at 2am, with two blue blow lamps for exhausts, still gives me goose bumps to this day......

leegav

Postby leegav » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:13 am

that sounds like good advice, think i may keep to TV then.. :lol:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”