What is your favourity corner?

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Crunchie Gears

Re: What is your favourity corner?

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:54 am

Ohhh Neil :?

Opentrack’s Bilster Berg experience (and lunch :D :lol: :lol: ) clashes with the Race Of Remembrance. I already have an entry in :roll:

Bilster Berg is such a good track that any number of the corners could be on here, for example the blind hair pin down the 1/4 hill :twisted: :twisted:

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:05 am

Crunchie Gears wrote:Ohhh Neil :?

Opentrack’s Bilster Berg experience (and lunch :D :lol: :lol: ) clashes with the Race Of Remembrance. I already have an entry in :roll:

Bilster Berg is such a good track that any number of the corners could be on here, for example the blind hair pin down the 1/4 hill :twisted: :twisted:

Agree, one of the only tracks I'm actually desperate to go back to this year.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:51 am

For those that don't know why Paul and I keep banging on about the Bilsterberg circuit in far off Germany and why it should be on your tracks to do bucket list, let me demonstrate.

Circuit layout and for real:
https://youtu.be/s5mCniRe7RA
Attachments
20190605_074730.png
This is the layout
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:08 am

Was thinking about Brands and Paddock Hill bend but a bit too obvious I think......

So went with Llandow - Hanger straight into chicane (Jacks Curve) and Glue-pot.

Flat out in fourth, fractional dab into third and keep foot panted through chicane and on the little straight before braking and into glue-pot setting it up nicely for the main straight.

Doesn't sound that exciting but it's the part I make up the time on the cars that are faster in a straight line. Smaller circuit so suits the gearing and handling etc of my car too.

Also made my Mrs sick in her crash helmet through that sequence so holds fond memories of 2018 :shock: :lol: :lol:

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:28 am

Weathers wrote:Was thinking about Brands and Paddock Hill bend but a bit too obvious I think......

Also made my Mrs sick in her crash helmet through that sequence so holds fond memories of 2018 :shock: :lol: :lol:

Mate I was eating my breakfast :lol: :lol: :?

Paddock Hill is a very good shout :D I am sure it needs a write up!

I have not been to Llandow but sounds like I should!

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:22 am

Sorry Paul I hope I didn’t ruin your cornflakes! :D

Llandow is only short at just less than a mile - mostly a bike circuit I understand - it’s quite simple but actually once you press on there’s a few tricky bits. No long straights so you’re always doing something. Rewarding when it goes right as I suppose are most places.

I did over 100 laps on the Kit Car Magazine day and only one of them ended up in the inner circuit field quite early on. By the end I was really pressing on. Great day and great little circuit. Definitely worth a visit in my opinion. Lovely bunch of marshals there too which adds to the experience.

scotty

Postby scotty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:25 pm

westferry circus(under ground roundabout) e14 very early morning.its kinda been ruined abit these days but when i was up there in the early days you could come from the city or the isle and get some great speed round there wet or dry and you had the great combo before it of the limehouse link which if you had company was always fun(this is on a bike but it was fun in a van too)
also the slip road from the m25/m26 taking you round to the a21 ...nice and technical as tightens half way and if taken at decent speed can be great fun.
as well as the usual paddock hill etc.haha.
its hard to concentrate on corners these days i am always looking out for cameras
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”