F1

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

F1

Postby greenwoo » Wed May 01, 2019 8:08 am

I can't say that I'm a die hard fan of F1, but it fills a sporting gap on weekends when the footie is poor or out of season....
The coverage can drag on a bit with the carious practices etc, but for me - quali, race and then 'Teds Notebook' tend(ed) to be the parts that i like. Saying that - Ted's Notebook is thin in the ground this year as he's not attending all the races - and by chance I stumbled on this guy ...'Will Buxton', which in turn led me to the F1 channel on utube...

So a heads up really, if you like an alternative source for your F1 then worth a trawl through the channel - so god stuff in there, and within that Will Buxton does a round up in the same stylee as Ted does/did....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFlJeI5vVWM

Nash

Re: F1

Postby Nash » Wed May 01, 2019 8:54 am

Been following Will Buxton for a few years now and he's great. He is also the reason I think Leclerc is my favourite driver.

Check out Will Buxton's interview with him last year.

https://youtu.be/gvo1sMpqHvA

and the amazing walk to work interview:

https://youtu.be/UZfmoNOmwew

Will is a real Leclerc fanboi

good shout Mark
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

steve m

Postby steve m » Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Ive loved F1 for years, I will watch the practise sessions if there on TV/Sky,
But I mostly watch the qualifying, as that seems to be full on, were as the actual race can be quite boring

I do believe that the best for the sport, but not necessarily for the fans would be a 10 lap stint at full chat for each driver, with no other car on the track
The fastest time wins the race, then we would see whos best,
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed May 01, 2019 9:57 pm

I do believe that the best for the sport, but not necessarily for the fans would be a 10 lap stint at full chat for each driver, with no other car on the track

erm,think that's been invented already? Sprinting.....
Not sure how that would be better for the sport -

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 am

steve m wrote:I do believe that the best for the sport, but not necessarily for the fans would be a 10 lap stint at full chat for each driver, with no other car on the track

WTF!
9 is more than a number

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Thu May 02, 2019 8:03 am

I know what you mean about qualifying! But even that has flaws, a mistake in qualy results in a poorer finish, ie Hamilton and Bottas in Azerbaijan. For me the best bits are when you got a good car that's out of position, so has to fight it's way through. Hamilton and Verstaaaaaapen are great to watch when fighting back. Probably not the best way to solve this but I kinda like the idea of starting in reverse order of the last race finish.
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Applying BTCC rules would fix F1, reverse grids, weight penalties over three races in the day. That and ditch a lot of the high tech bullsh#t, very boring to watch these days and in danger of losing popular support now the vultures at Sky have their claws into the sport. Me grumpy, I think not :lol:
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”