jeffw

Re: Curborough Double

Postby jeffw » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Alan Mugglestone is going to be there with his Fulcrum. Go and say Hi

leegav

Postby leegav » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Well what a wet weekend.
What a way to start with a spin off just after mole hill corner on my first practice.
Very very slippery on saturday...not waterlogged but that greasy wet. Couldnt get any power down on any corner.
Past scrutineering no trouble. It was more nerve wracking than shelsley because ot was drenched and id never been round before.
The track curves to the left with the first propper apex been flat in 3rd gear about 65 to 70 mph where you hit the corner rumble strips to get a better line into the forst right hand bend which when you come off the right hand rumble strips theres a bit of a drop that unstables the car alot in the wet. Nice smooth right before hitting the brakes hard whilst the car is straight. Hige puddle on the next left that sprayed over the car when you hit it. Then too early on the gas out of the S made me spin. Just like 4 others on the first day. Last corner is nice easy right but catches up on you as you come round then flat out 2nd to 8000 rpm into 3rd over the line at 87mph. And pump the brakes not to lock up as you go through the line.
Second practice run knocked off 7 seconds. First race i lost a second as i missed a gear change cos my gloves were so wet it slipped off the gear stick. Last race was dyer and we got some grip back amd i had alot of fun. Smiling from ear to ear when i finished with an entourage of 5 supporter s.
Improved on my time and learnt alot about driving my car in the wet all day so i was happy. I was using r888rs and have no lsd. My times were very similar to most.
Sunday was an absolute wash out... Pissed it down from the minute i woke up to the moment we got in the car to go home, then the fucking sun came out!!
Sunday my quickest time in the bleakest weather ever was 45 seconds i think and 84 over the line.
Some really hary moments on the back straight for the big single seaters...jesus! Real bum twitchers... Some very very good drivers out there who really know there cars.. I am well and truley hooked on this now.
Witg my son arriving to the world in January i dont think touring with the lads is sonething im going to be doing but weekends with the mrs in a hotel / camping and racing is definately going to happen. She loves it and loves coming along. I actually finished alot higher up the overall HSA championship points board than expected and for 3 races thats pretty good i thought.
Overall a very wet weekend and an improvement on my times every time bar 1. Met some lovely people and jad alot of fun!!
My mrs says she loves coming because she can see i love driving so much and she says she can tell i dont care about winning its all about having fun because im smiling everytime i get out the car.
Cant wait for the calender for next year!!!
Attachments
IMG-20181015-WA0006.jpg
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Nice one Lee....sounds like you had a blast...
( i know where you can find yourself a nice LSD for your winter upgrades :D )

locost220

Postby locost220 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Any camera footage Lee.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Alan Mugglestone in the Raw Fulcrum came 3rd overall on Saturday and FTD on Sunday. Something to aspire to ;)

The finish line is interesting to say the least, in the Phoenix I was doing over 120mph on the line and then having to brake for the corner.

David T

Postby David T » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:47 am

I've only been there once and it rained so I feel your pain. Great to hear that enjoyed it regardless.

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:26 am

locost220 wrote:Any camera footage Lee.
Rich.

Dont do it, cant be bothered to be honest. plus i dont have a camera, i expected the mrs to film something but she said her hands were too cold. :lol:

yes jeff, that fulcram is quick and boy he can drive!

greenwoo wrote:Nice one Lee....sounds like you had a blast...
( i know where you can find yourself a nice LSD for your winter upgrades :D )

mark, not sure i know what im doing yet. i have some thinking to do. in a few months i will be in a position to buy a new car and im wondering whether to sell the tiger. :?: :?: :?: Quite fancy one of the Jedi's single seaters with a bike engine in. will have to see. :D

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:27 pm

If competition is your thing a Jedi would make a lot of sense.

Alan (the Fulcrum driver) has done F1 driver training in the past and does sprint driver training at Blyton at the beginning of each year. He has also run Le Mans teams/US Endurance racing and designed the Ginetta G50.

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm

jeffw wrote:If competition is your thing a Jedi would make a lot of sense.

Alan (the Fulcrum driver) has done F1 driver training in the past and does sprint driver training at Blyton at the beginning of each year. He has also run Le Mans teams/US Endurance racing and designed the Ginetta G50.

Wow! Not suprised he was quick then... He did spin out on the same corner i did ;)

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”