Zandvoort Fun Cup

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Crunchie Gears

Re: Zandvoort Fun Cup

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 pm

greenwoo wrote:bloody hell, that's an eventful series!
sounds like you had good crack though - bet you had a good booze on the sunday night too :lol:

The truth is Lee and I left Zandvoort at about 2.30 but had to go back to the Hotel as Lee’s back was so bad he could not lift his case. Stopped for a pizza and to book a hotel pst Antwerp as we wanted to miss the traffic on Monday. I was really knockered and had to stop twice to refresh and really pushed to get there at 7.30-8. Lee had a shower and went to bed. I went to the restaurant had a beer and a glass of wine. I was falling asleep in the restaurant so went to bad 9.45.

I can feel the muscles across my shoulder and have blisters on my hands and a painful left foot (no idea why). Ian was in worse shape than me at the end. I am go to bed in a minute.

That said we had a few on Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8-) :? :lol: :lol:

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Cliff hanger write up Paul
Congratulations to you all
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

David T

Postby David T » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:43 am

When they said endurance series, they weren't joking. Well done to all. When is the next event?

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:05 pm

David T wrote:When they said endurance series, they weren't joking. Well done to all. When is the next event?

The next one is Silverstone Saturday 28 July. I think we are on the national circuit :D

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Good write up, it sounds a lot of fun although painful for all involved :o
I'm really looking forward to the Brands meeting :)

Hope your back is better Lee.

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:58 am

An absolute blinder of a weekend.
So last week i went to the gym and decided to go hard.. Shoulder pressing 60kg isnt usually an issue but ive had a good 6 weeks off recently so strated to get a bit tight later in the week...then BAM it went properly thursday morning as we were leaving pauls house. Codiene helped the drive but friday and the rest of the weekend i was ruined. Beer helped lol
13 years ago when i was a strapping young Jarhead i slipped 3 diiscs in my lower back and its never been the same since. Usually have a re episode once or twice a year and unfortunately it happened as we were leaving pauls house thursday.
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:05 am

So we had a long journey thursday but thoroughly enjoyed driving the morgan. Paul gave me an option i coukd eother drive the morgan or the ultima to zandvoort. After sitting in them both and been a passenger in the ultima for some reason i was pulled i to the morgan... It is beautiful. We drove in the morgan with the roof down. Its got some grunt thats for sure and sounds off the scale in a tunnel at full chat...
Thursday night arrived at a gorgoues place called sille we got there at 7.10 juat intime for the football but we codnt find a tv and i coukd hardly walk anyway. We had a a sharing steak for dinner which was outrageously delicious all 1kg of it... We almost finished it.
We got pissed :lol: and jad a bloody good laugh as me and paul always do... We are literally 2 bafoons. We even pulled! Highlight of the night was telling the husband of the woman we pulled that his porche was crap compared with pauls ultima. Lol he wasnt impressed. Headed back to the hotel where we had a lock in and got thrown out at past 2 i think.

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 am

At the circuit we met the team and they were already out in the caterham series getting some lap times.
After the work the fun cup had done i had a good look round and it really did look the dogs... The rewire and new dash was very well done. As was the rest of the work. Looks like a very nice and sorted race car inside and out.
Good days practice complete we went out and had a few beers and ended up in a club next door to our hotel where we actually met some really really nice people having a birthday party...we joined in of course.. Lol
Race day was as paul explained and a very intense. The car seemed to be doing well holding together but both paul and ian were driving great. The series is mad and it is so much fun to watch.. When i say there are some fast drivers thats an understatement....there are some seriously good drivers in there including "the stig" le mans 24 hour winners and more so paul and ian are doing fantatstic.
The zandvoort track is great with some very good drinking facilities and due to my sever back issue beer was tge only thing that belped so i stayed topped up for a few days :lol:
Sadly its still buggered but hopefully it will be ok by 20th when i go to the dolomites with laura.
Monday we headed in bruge for coffee and paul took me to a very special chocolate factory where we bought about 4 kilos of chocolate between us. Luckily the scorching heat didnt melt them on the way back.
We had a little incident when we drove past a lorry... The bloody truck dropped half a brick of the back and the morgan took a huge hit as it bounced off the road... Suprisingly the angle and the point on the morgan it hit took out some of the force and didnt even make a dent.
Its always a pleasure spending time with the team and i have a huge thanks to say to paul for asking me to come. We do have a laugh!!!
Till next time!!!

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:23 am

8-)
Attachments
IMG_20180629_142139_099.jpg
IMG_20180628_155745_518.jpg