The Aims and Ethos of the Site

Note: New Members should read the legal disclaimer within this forum, additionally Guests should have a quick look at the topic in here also.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

The Aims and Ethos of the Site

Postby greenwoo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 pm

The aim of this site is to help owners find likeminded folks in their locality. Geographically the site covers the South Eastern Corner of the UK - effectively Kent and Essex across to Hants/Berks/South Oxfordshire.. Perhaps you live in an area that is not reprsented by a local club, or are interested in meeting new faces for meets and run outs - either way the boards will help us find new car buddies if we use it well.

There's a huge misconception that owners only ever want to associate with fellow marque owners, understandable as websites tend to focus on one make of car. The reality for many single marque clubs is that they either do not have the depth of ownership to sustain a regular 'meet' or are too widely dispersed to make it possible for owners to actually get to their so called 'local meet'.
In essence we are all car enthusiasts, some of us are polishers or tinkerers and some of us enjoy driving them as often as possible and making new friendships. Although I don't own a Caterham I've been welcomed to join in with a number of their runs and it has been a pleasure meeting a few Cobra owners at their Sunday get togethers, so this site is all about meeting new car buddies and becoming less insular.

If you are part of a club that has regular meetings but would be happy for others to come along - well please post the details, if you enjoy regular run outs again please pop some detail in the appropriate section. This Club just as many others needs members who will get involved, be that through raising opinions on the forum, or joining in / arranging meets and runs. On paper we can have 500 registered users, but there is w world of difference between registering and bing actively involved - naturally we want to promote the latter!

For many of us the ownership experience has been heightened by the making of new friends through this Club, many have found it more appealing to have like minded folks to share a drive with. Driving our cars is great fun, attending meets equally so - but add in some friendship and 'banter' and it becomes a better recipe.

Rat Boy

Re: The Aims and Ethos of the Site

Postby Rat Boy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 pm

I'd just like to say a big 'well done' to Mark for putting this together.
If anyone is reading this and is unsure whether to join in, then let me reassure you that this is destined to be one of the most fun and friendliest car clubs going.
Mark's enthusiasm and the fact that whatever kit car you drive you are welcome fills me with confidence that you are seeing the begining of something big here.

Nash

Postby Nash » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:42 pm

I'd like to second Rat Boys post. Well done Mark. I look forward to finally getting some runs in this year with you all.

...Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:14 am

Well chaps thanks for those kind words........bottom line is that we have a framework here, how its used/filled is down to all the members as individuals. I'll gladly arrange what i can by way of Group type events, but given the nature of the area that'll never please everyone! So it;s down to the members to shout out, to use the map to locate new faces, and to keep the mess board ticking over! There will be folks that don't want to go on a run every week, or are still finishing their cars - that doesnt matter. The key is each of us promoting the site to all the car buddies that we know, and keeping the intent to make new ones!!!

That's all, carry on men..........

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes, great work. Very impressed with the number of meetings etc already being organised! Hope to see you all at detling/7-indulgence
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Return to “Guests and New Members - Important Information- Please take a look at this section.”