Hi Everyone

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Scruff

Hi Everyone

Postby Scruff » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:37 am

Hi I'm a new member
Driving a Global GT1 Lights - this is a track only car R1 150bhp (allegedly) 395kg (so no drive outs - until I buy a road car - maybe next year!)
Anyway - I'm signed up for this years Excool OSSChampionship http://opensportsseries.blogspot.co.uk/ loads to learn as I haven't raced at this level before, I have raced and built minis and drag bikes but the adjustments available to me on this beast :twisted: are almost infinite suspension adjust in all directions as you would expect plus nose and spoiler adjustments :!:
Anyway hoping to meet some like minded folk on here local to Edenbridge or interested in 'helping out' at one of the race meets (all over the UK. I'm doing a track day at Lydden hill tomorrow 18th March so chance to see it run :o , I ran it at track day last year - loads of issues but by the time I had started to 'learn it' I was managing to pass most other vehicles on the track (its not slow but I have lots of plans for it this year - funds permitting, at a guess I need to get in the region of 500bhp per ton to be competitive :mrgreen: )

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby greenwoo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:13 pm

fair play Paul, am sure that you';ll have a ton of fun racing that! think the ground clearance might have been an issue even if it was road legal!
Mark

Scruff

Postby Scruff » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Yes it wont even get off the dropped curb from my house :roll:

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Paul. Love the Global lights. We definitely need a photo or seven and I'd love to see it and have a chat with you about it and the series.

Oh and welcome to the club.

....... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:06 am

Welcome to SKCC :)

Scruff

Postby Scruff » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi thanks for the welcome - hope to meet some of you in the future!
Nash you can find a few pics on facebook by searching paul.myers.global
If you know much about the globals I would definitely be interested in a chat as I haven't yet seen another one! I know they are out there and there were a couple of race series for the R6 models but all seem to be hiding at the moment.
This seems to have eaten my tyres at Lydden Hill but I suspect its the super rough surface there as it didn't have the same effect as at Brands Hatch - good day on a fun track although I think I need a lower sprocket to get the most out of the car there!

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”