Newbie Westie Chappy (Kent)

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Weathers

Newbie Westie Chappy (Kent)

Postby Weathers » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am

Good morning all. I've bought a Blue Westfield SEiW (Widebody) with a Vauxhall Redtop on carbs under the bonnet that's shortly going to go through it's IVA (again).

I bought her a year ago in Yorkshire (I live in Kent). Since I bought her the garage have tried 4 times to get her through the IVA (long story and no I'm not that happy) but hopefully everything is fixed now! The last fail was on NOISE so hopefully that's all sorted. Just waiting for a new IVA date - with my fingers and toes crossed!!

Wish me luck!!!

steve m

Re: Newbie Westie Chappy (Kent)

Postby steve m » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:17 am

Welcome, to SKCC, and good luck with the next test, there are a couple of members on here, that have noise meters, so it would be good to get it checked first

If it was my car, I would add another muffler in front of the existing one, ugly yes, but post IVA, it may fall off :)

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Chris,
welcome onboard, and as Steve says, amazing how many things fall off cars after IVA!
I see that you're in Rochester, over your way (ish) there's Dick/Jay who have Tigers and who run a garage between Rochester/Chatham, Beefy ( mike ) down at Marden and a short blat along the M20 will find myself and Kev(Kegco) nr Brands/Seevenoaks.

Its amazing how few westies seem to exist in Kent, so will look forward to seeing yours once it's flown through the test!
do feel free to shout out with seemingly daft questions, we're all happy to help.
cheers
Mark

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:51 am

Hi chris welcome aboard,
Hope all goes well with the test for you. As Mark said were based in chatham so your more than welcome to drop in and also show of your ride when you are on the road

graham b

Postby graham b » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:13 am

welcome to skcc
the place to be to get miles of smiles.
good luck with the test
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

Nash

Re: Newbie Westie Chappy (Kent

Postby Nash » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Hello Chris and welcome the the club. I'm just along the M20 the other way near Ashford so not too far.

Look forward to catching up at some point. Once again welcome.

...... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the group, friendly and very helpful bunch of guys.
Good luck with your IVA,
I bought a multi meter from Maplins for about £20 with a DB reading on it, yet to find out how correct it is but hoping to get down to Brands on a MSV track day meet to do a noise test, they do it for free as long as there is a MSV track day (bike or car) going on.
All the best
Kev
Tiger cat
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks everyone, she up in Yorkshire but hopefully I'll get a date through soon. I have a noise meter and so intend to do a pre-test test!

The garage claim to have got the noise to 93dBA from the 102dBA measured at the IVA. They claimed to have tested it in line with the IVA rules but when pressed they basically admitted they'd made up their testing process and as it turns out they were way off what the VOSA bods do. This behaviour is typical of the non-sense I have been subjected to over the past year and therefore don't believe anything I haven't seen with my own eyes!

Cheers

Chris

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Welcome to the best club in the world. I'm local too down in Tonbridge so plenty of people about . I can only second what has been said about the guys up at Snodhurst. Kit car nuts and brilliant at what they do. Personally don't go anywhere else these days and that is with all vehicles on the household fleet.
James
The man in the Red Coat

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Welcome Chris, the IVA sounds a right PITA.. The garage should work to the fail list and these items are then checked off when the car is next presented at the test station. Maybe run the car along for an informal noise check before the retest? I'm sure the testers would oblige, if asked nicely.

All the best with it hopefully be on the road soon. :)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”