Noob - Southampton

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Dav

Noob - Southampton

Postby Dav » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Good afternoon gents,

My name's David, I'm 28 and from Southampton.

I currently don't actually own a kit car of any sort, but I hope for that to change in the not too distant future!! I currently own a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX, which does the business but I fancy a change, and my brother in law is looking at kit cars as well, so I'd have a playmate :twisted:

So really I'm just advice info and advice etc. to ensure I head down the right path and stay on the straight and narrow!

Hopefully I will get one sorted and come out and meet you all.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Noob - Southampton

Postby greenwoo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:23 pm

hi David and welcome to the wacky world of kits...ask away, you'll find that everyone has an opinion or two....but in all seriousness, theres a wealth of experience so if we can help....
cheers
Mark

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi David, I'll echo what Mark has said. Ask away and remember there's no such thing as a stupid question. Can't garentee the answers aren't stupid though :D

Once again welcome

....... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Welcome to SKCC :)

Lots of choice of kits, and we all have favourites.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Welcome, to the world of kit cars, once the bug bites that's your lot.. :D why not import a factory five 818 kit and turn the scooby into a decent car. :P :D

Sits back and awaits kick backs such as.. "well you managed to turn one into a shite car..." :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Welcome to the club David, hope we can help you firstly find the right car and then help you enjoy it.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:43 am

Hi David, Welcome to the club.

While you are looking for your kit why not meet up with a few westerners on a run in the spring and have a look round or even passenger in a few different kits. It might help you decide?

Dick

Postby Dick » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:54 am

Dav wrote:

So really I'm just advice info and advice etc. to ensure I head down the right path and stay on the straight and narrow!

:D

Well come to the club this is the place to ask questions as for heading down the "correct path" forget that if you come out on the runs as is the straight and narrow , narrow maybe but straight never. :lol:

florin metal works

Postby florin metal works » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:58 am

We are just a few miles north of Southampton in the little village of West Tytherley, shout if you would like to pop over for a brew & natter.

We are the "old & slow" section of SKCC & run a Robin Hood 2B -- but not that it's recognisable as such.

Dav

Postby Dav » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:03 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

I had never heard of the 818 kit until now, and if I had the pennies, I would be all over that like a rash!!

While I have your attention, is there an acceptible time before I can post in the For Sale section? I don't want it to look like I've joined just to use that :oops:

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”