hello everyone

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

martin butler

hello everyone

Postby martin butler » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi everyone, i have just joined, i have been into kit cars for lnger than i can remember, I used to have a white embassee Charger, sold that some 4 years ago, then missed the fun, so i bought a project off ebay, a Dutton Melos that needed a cmplete rebuild, in fact it was just a collection of parts , after an 2 year rebuild i got it on the road may last year. and its been on the road ever since, it passed its mot this year with what was minimal work( a light bulb and patching an exhaust blow).
I'm in the St Leonards, near Hastings, and would like to know if anyone else is in my area is on here that may be interested in run outs etc.

Nash

Re: hello everyone

Postby Nash » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello Martin and welcome to the club. Lots of people get to the Hastings area and lots of runs around the wider region.

Please feel free to post a picture of your car and hope to see you out and about soon.

........ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

martin butler

Postby martin butler » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:08 pm

how do i add photos onto mesages

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Welcome martin,from martin :lol:

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:36 pm

martin butler wrote:how do i add photos onto mesages

Martin, easiest way is to use something like a phorobucket account and copy the link into your posts.

........ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Martin, welcome to SKCC :)

I'm just along the coast in Eastbourne, there are plenty of early Sunday runs you can join.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:06 pm

welcome Martin,,,,,look forward to seeing you and the Dutton out and about...

martin butler

Postby martin butler » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:06 am

Well the cars allready on the road, its completly road legal so i'm ready when ever :)
As i said in my opening post its had a complete bottom up rebuild, there is quite a story behind now i came to have this car, I was after a cheap kit car, most were beyond my availible funds, so a project was the only way, i saw this car on ebay, it was in Chichister, so not far away and had been heavily stripped, and never put back together again, but 75 percent of the car was there, so i put in a bid of £300, and got it for £260, hired a trailor , arranged with a storeage firm, next door to where i worked to store the body there ,whilst i overhauled bits anyway i picked it up, it was the chassis, which looked good, the body that had been poorly sprayed yellow, from black, and rear axle,and a 2lt pinto that was condition unknown, no gearbox or wheels, so i got it loaded and unloaded at the other end onto a pallet, and i then got the boxes of bits expecting to find the vin plate, problem 1, no vin plate, or number plate, :twisted: but i decided to pres on anyway, i joined the owners club, and another member came foreward who had at one point owned the car, it has been registered and on the road, so someone had removed the registration, anyway, i overhauled the suspention, fitting new bearings, cleaned up and replaced what needed replacing, luckily enough very few parts were needed, i sold the 2lt pinto because if it was to be on a Q plat a 1300 would be cheaper on tax, and with what i got for that, purchased a set of alloys and a type 2 gearbox, a friend had a 1300 crossflow, that i could have if i payed the shipping, so i had all the parts, i then stripped the chassis to bare metal, and red leaded it, painted it with proper chassis black C/O where i worked ,( i used to restore railway coaches ) and i found etched on a chassis member the vin number, this was photograghed and sent to the owners club, for verification and then to DVLA to reclaim the registration, which as it turned out was tax free :D My friends 1300 was stripped and was found to be a low milage recon unit with a lot of new parts, all it needed was a clean up, hone, new bearings and rings, and a full gasket kit, the car was completed in early 2014, but i had several teething problems with the fuell system, that took some time to solve, and it passed its first MOT since 1990 in late May .

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Welcome to the club. I look forward to seeing you out and about soon

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Welcome, hopefully see you on a run before too long
James
The man in the Red Coat

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”