hello everyone

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

martin butler

Re: hello everyone

Postby martin butler » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:14 pm

thanks for the welcome guys, and i look foreward to meeting up with some of you guys, unfortuatly there is very few other dutton owners locally , so far runs out for me have been few and far between,just one to bodiam car show, but we did manage 5 cars but that was with owners coming from as far as Rochester and crawley .
one of my favourate runs used to be out to hythe when i lived in folkestone,then out to dungerness back through lydd, now that im in hastings i wouldnt mind doing that again, but this time out through camber to dungerness, to lydd , then back down the main road, stopping at the lighthouse for a pint and a bite.

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:05 pm

martin butler wrote:thanks for the welcome guys, and i look foreward to meeting up with some of you guys, unfortuatly there is very few other dutton owners locally , so far runs out for me have been few and far between,just one to bodiam car show, but we did manage 5 cars but that was with owners coming from as far as Rochester and crawley .
one of my favourate runs used to be out to hythe when i lived in folkestone,then out to dungerness back through lydd, now that im in hastings i wouldnt mind doing that again, but this time out through camber to dungerness, to lydd , then back down the main road, stopping at the lighthouse for a pint and a bite.

Hi Martin
ok so it looks like you've got an itinerary all sorted for a decent Sunday morning run already!
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

martin butler

Postby martin butler » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:10 pm

SJLB wrote:
martin butler wrote:thanks for the welcome guys, and i look foreward to meeting up with some of you guys, unfortuatly there is very few other dutton owners locally , so far runs out for me have been few and far between,just one to bodiam car show, but we did manage 5 cars but that was with owners coming from as far as Rochester and crawley .

Hi Martin
ok so it looks like you've got an itinerary all sorted for a decent Sunday morning run already!

Yes its a good fun run out, i have been trying to entice some of my fellow dutton owner to join me, but none seem to either live close enough , or their cars are not finished yet. i think they are scared they might break down:))

martin butler

Postby martin butler » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:04 am

not sure if this is the right place, but I have had a bit of bad news about Noddy( the car) it was broken into 2 weeks ago on a friday night/ Saturday Morning, i only realised when i happened to look at my car from my window and noticed both doors wide open , i rushed down 4 flights of stairs , hoping that itt may bave just been the wind, or someone had just been nosy, alas not, :cry:
Some oik, actualy 2 boys and a girl about 14 were seen breaking into my car , they could not start it, because the ignition wring is very well hidden behind the dash, so they instead just wrecked the interiour, pulling every wire off the lighs, horn, indicator, curcuits, just ripping them out, even though the stalks clip in, many of the wires just pulled from the terminals j plus they had just pulled under the dash, pulling out other wires from the fuse box. i had a handbrake to gearlever lock, they somehow got that off, bending the handbrake mounting, in the process,
I have now rewired much of it now, but for every curcuit i sorted out i found another problem, then when everything was done, the starter decided to play up, :x so i have gone from a car with no problems , to one with just about every thing damaged

steve m

Postby steve m » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Martin, that's sounds a real pita, I would of kicked there arses, so much, my boots would still be up there!

as for the wiring, yep a pain, but at least its a fix

I would be inclined to take all the wireing and battery out if the car is left outside

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Sorry to hear that :(

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:39 am

That's not good :( I hope you get it sorted soon

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”