New to forum

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Dick

New to forum

Postby Dick » Sat May 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Chris 85 yep that was a long time ago 30 years in fact

Well for those of you that have never had the pleasure of talking to Chris he is my son and works at Snodhurst along with his brothers and me. He was employed to work mainly on kit cars but if needs must he works on the normal stuff we have to do. Many of you contact Jay or myself asking for jobs to be done and that's good but Chris is the one that has to get the tools or welder out and must say he is a very good welder. Myself or Jay over see all the work and we undertake our bit as well.
Chris will one day have his own kit car for sure but other things in life must come first.

So I would ask that please remember him in your thanks for what Snodhurst do for you he has a hard time of it having a brother like Jay

So no photos

Larkingabout

Re: New to forum

Postby Larkingabout » Sat May 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Already thanked under another heading but yes I would reiterate that Chris does a first class job, he has sorted the cooling issues on the GTM, done work today when I damaged an under car pipe and generally gave the car a once over. Is there nothing that the family cannot do? Seriously, all of them Dick, Jay, Chris and the rest of the boys and girls at Snodhurst deserve every bit of praise they get. If you don't use them I can only think you are too far away. They have my business on the car before anyone, in fact won't let any else touch it apart from me.
James
The man in the Red Coat

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat May 02, 2015 3:27 pm

ah, bout time that Chris joined the clan on here....for banter ahead of someday getting a 'Kit'.... :D :D :D
good work fella...

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat May 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Dick wrote:...So no photos

:lol: He's not that bad looking Dick,.. :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sat May 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Yes bigup for Chris, i can vouch for his welding skills - top man

Jay

Postby Jay » Sun May 03, 2015 8:26 am

As said chris is a brilliant fabricator i mean he should of been in the a-team building there creation out of nothing.
As tony said his welding is second too none. Anybody can put a bit of weld on a piece of metal but its the understanding the science not just put the wire on that speed and heat at that setting ive never seen or broke 1 of his welds.

Hes now maturing in his work and is a vital piece of skcc as far as were concerned. Hes done a lot of jobs that other places havent wanted to take on and is learning the little issues each make have. Yes he can get carried away and need raining in a bit but he will always do his best even with dad stressing him/us the hell out.

danno

Postby danno » Tue May 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”