About time I said hello - Doncaster New R6 Owner

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

WESTINI

Re: About time I said hello - Doncaster New R6 Owner

Postby WESTINI » Mon May 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Tony C wrote:I haven't seen it so I haven't read it............... :?

Thanks for the info, appreciated. Paul.

WESTINI

Postby WESTINI » Sat May 09, 2015 10:10 pm

I'll have to take some pics shortly, I have been busy in the garage every evening for the past week (since collection) painting all the blue visible bits black, changing the silver mesh grill for a black one, putting more stickers on, fitting the seat runner (so the other half can drive it on sprint days), painting the garage,.. Hopefully tomorrow's sunny and I can go for a drive out..

WESTINI

Postby WESTINI » Sun May 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Well... it didn't take long... cars now with Tiger for a week or so, having the front end upgraded to Ford components... new coil overs all round, with damper adjustment, new indicators, new harnesses, new steering rack (quicker rack), new rear lights (LED ones, as fitted to the newer models)... and new wings all round.. just black ones, not the carbon ones currently fitted.. next is wheels (team dynamics pro race ones) and then steering wheel..

I decided to change it a little bit, some of which didn't actually need doing, but would have eventually, so might aswell get it done before summer and enjoy it rather than working on it..

So, I'll have a few bits that are being removed for sale shortly.. just have to decide on prices and post it up..

Paul.

kirmodawn1

Postby kirmodawn1 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Upgraditis. It's infectious (highly) and no one is immune from it :lol:

Bob
Quantum 2+2 Zetec Turbo

WESTINI

Postby WESTINI » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:36 pm

kirmodawn1 wrote:Upgraditis. It's infectious (highly) and no one is immune from it :lol:

Bob

Seems to be the way... I could have lived with out the upgrades to be honest, and none of them were urgently required, but the slightly wider track on the front end, and the new steering rack along with the new coilovers will make the car handle better, the new wings just make it look better, as with the LED rear lights.. that's mostly all cosmetic vanity...

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Paul, glad to hear you are enjoying the new car. Welcome!
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

WESTINI

Postby WESTINI » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Still enjoying the car, can't wait for the weather to buck its ideas up, will be doing 5 trackdays minimum this year, 3 at blyton park, 1 at cadwell and one at donnington. All the upgrades I planned have been completed, minus the power upgrade, as I'm currently happy with it being within safe limits for the standard spec and internals.. maybe next year I'll go down that road, I'd much rather work with this car than sell and get one with more power.. its the one I wanted for a year before getting the opportunity to buy it, so I'm not selling it now.. few recent pics to update my original post..

Thanks, Paul.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:06 pm

aw seeing that r6 brings back so many memories of the trips that Tony C took it on...good to see its still being used properly....

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:49 am

Great to see the R6 in action :D :D

It is like seeing a mate get a new job :lol: 8-) See you on a trackday soon. :twisted:

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:13 am

Very nice track day pics there. Car is looking great! :)
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”