Greetings

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

ChrisS

Greetings

Postby ChrisS » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:34 am

Hi folks,

I'm very much outside of your catchment area, I'm Midlands based, I'm here stalking B33fy really :) But seriously, I joined to follow his Midlana build as I'm thinking about one myself.

Car-wise, I've been messing for over 40 years, built the first kit back in '91, well two actually, I'd already made a start on a Fake Snake then the missus decided she wanted something nippy & easy to park so we built the Westfield. Still have that one, although it is something of the Triggers Broom Edition now. Completed the Fake Snake, hated it, sold it. We then bought a Marcos Mantula Spyder that I rebuilt/modifed over the years. We kept that a good few years but it's now long gone. My last build was a CAE Corse S Stratos copy. That one was a bit of an epic as it was 4th or 5th hand by the time I got what was left of it. Took me 5 years to complete, ran it for 6 more while doing various mods/"improvements" then sold that one on, largely due to external factors, sad to say.

I now find myself at a bit of a loose end from time to time and although I had sworn off building cars, suspect that isn't realistic :roll:

Nash

Re: Greetings

Postby Nash » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:41 am

Hello Chris and Welcome. Always good to see someone with history oh and a Beefy stalker is always good entertainment!! :D

Any photos of your previous cars Sir?

Once again welcome.

.............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 am

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm watching B33fy's thread with interest too. I can't wait to see his car out on the road, it will be quite something :)

ChrisS

Postby ChrisS » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks chaps. I'd have to go digging for pictures of the Fake Snake & Marcos, but can find some of the others more quickly....

Westy as it was just after a cosmetic (mostly) refurb in 2011 and the CAE Corse as it was in 2009. PPC wanted to do a feature on it so I got a nice set of photos out of the day.
Attachments
RearRig small.JPG
RearRig small.JPG (56.09 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
Westy web 78k.jpg
Westy web 78k.jpg (77.23 KiB) Viewed 3120 times

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Welcome Chris!!
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi Chris and welcome!! anything I can help you with just ask up, don't profess to know all the answers, though there are plenty of the SKCC to help us along. Just watch out for the dreaded upgraditus, it caught hold of me really quickly.

BTW lucky enough to catch sight of the Stratos, absolutely mega, as Nash said, be great to see a few images on here. :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:23 pm

Welcome to the madhouse, look forward to seeng you out and about soon
James
The man in the Red Coat

andyf

Postby andyf » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:58 pm

I've always loved those Stratos replicas, ever since I competed against one down at Avon Park in the early 90s. That one had a 2L Lancia Twin-Cam in it. Damn quick but we still beat it :twisted:
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 pm

Welcome Chris, don't let location stop you, as there's members all over the place...
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:43 pm

ChrisL wrote:Welcome Chris, don't let location stop you, as there's members all over the place...

Oh stop me Lord!! :D
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”