Hi everybody!

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

flamingtiger

Hi everybody!

Postby flamingtiger » Sat May 31, 2014 9:50 pm

Just a few words to introduce myself, and a bit about my car, of course!

Being a 'spanner' from the 1970's, about a year ago a friend of mine wanted to buy an old Caterham 7, which turned out to be a Tiger with a 2L Pinto and twin 45 Webers, which had sat unloved for 3 years and not running; he asked me to fix it up to get an MOT so that her could tear about in it for the summer - when he realised how much work it involved (and additional costs) he backed out! So, being a brave soul, I bought it instead as a winter project.

12 months later and a gazzzillion ££££ she is now finished and ready for her MOT - which I booked for this Thursday (fingers crossed). During the build I got a little carried away and decided to customise it a bit - hence the flames and all the carbon fibre effect on the wheels, wheel arches, etc.

When I bought her I was told she was a Tiger Cat E1, but after talking to Paul (at Tiger Racing) he identified it, using the chassis number, as a Tiger Cub - which pre-dates the Tiger Cat. Overall, I'm pleased with the finished result - not bad for a 16 year old car that wasn't running when I bought it, but thanks to Pete from UK Carbs (who rebuilt the Webers), Paul from Tiger Racing (invaluable help at the end of the phone) and of course, Mark Greenwood answering endless emails of questions.

So this is my first kit car - may it be the first of many, as I really enjoyed the build!

Once my wife works out how to use 'photobucket' I will upload some build pictures for anyone who maybe interested, and look forward to meeting people at shows, run outs, etc., and just hope we get the opportunity with a great summer this year!

Nash

Re: Hi everybody!

Postby Nash » Sat May 31, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi Mike and welcome. Good introduction and looking forward to seeing the piccies. Good luck with the MOT and see you out and about soon.

Once again welcome.

......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

flamingtiger

Postby flamingtiger » Sat May 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks, Neil!

Hope to see you soon!

Photos, hopefully, will be uploaded tomorrow - so keep them peeled!!!!

Mike

graham b

Postby graham b » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:46 am

welcome mike
hope to see you out n about soon
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:39 am

Hi Mike, welcome and look forward to meeting you and seeing your cub :D

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:13 am

Hi Mike,nice story.
Hope the car passes the mot, there will be plenty of opertunity to get on the weekend run to meet the locals.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Red27

Postby Red27 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:33 am

flamingtiger wrote:Once my wife works out how to use 'photobucket' ...

I see you have your own "tech support", rather like this household :lol:

Welcome Mike, I've only come across one other Tiger Cub, owned by Tony and Liz Haggie up near me (Cambridgeshire area). Difficult to tell from your avatar, but looks like you might not have the distinctive Cub nose? Looking forward to seeing some pics, not sure how many Cubs are actually out there. Good luck with your MOT.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Dick

Postby Dick » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:23 am

Welcome Mike sounds like a nice clean car ? you must come out on a few runs im sure things will change ;)

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:13 am

Welcome to the club :)

Sounds like a full restoration.
There will be plenty of runs starting in your area.

flamingtiger

Postby flamingtiger » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks everyone for your welcome!

My tech support has done the first stage of photo upload so by end of the day hopefully I will have some more images for you to see!

And yes, well spotted, she does have the nose cone and bonnet off a Tiger Cat E1 - which is how she was when I bought her!

I will let you know how we get on in the MOT and then be able to get her onto the road and join in the fun!

How do I find out about runs, meets, etc., in my area?

Mike

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”