Hi Everyone

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Monster_UK

Hi Everyone

Postby Monster_UK » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:49 am

Hi there!

My name is Tim and I'm new to the SKCC forums.

I'm the proud (at times!) owner of a Tiger SuperSix and am based in Reading. I've had the car for two years and, whilst I'm a true novice, have been working to bring it to a standard I'm happy with (whoever built it knew what they were doing but it's showing its age!).

If you are interested I have a blog which I sometimes keep up to date: www.cartigersupersix.com

I do like to head to meets, have done some autosolo with Farnborough District Motorclub and will get the car out on a track when I'm happy it will survive the experience! I will also be pestering people for views and help too... I'm not too proud to admit that most of the time I don't know what I'm doing.

Big jobs on at the moment are moving from carbs to ITBS and a rewire (eek).

Look forward to meeting people at some point.

Tim

DJ.

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby DJ. » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:44 pm

Hi Tim, welcome to SKCC :D

When the weather improves there should be plenty of runs posted up. You can also suggest runs yourself, so if you are going out put it in the members run outs section.

We tend to use TomTom it files for runs so the people at the back don't have to drive too fast to keep up.

It would be good to see a photo of your car. You can upload photos as attachments at the bottom of the reply box.

Duncan

Monster_UK

Postby Monster_UK » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:27 pm

Here’s aat an autosolo :D
Attachments
BED99674-2075-411C-9E6C-ABA3FC477F3C.jpeg

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Great, a dirty car that gets driven properly 8-)
You'll fit in well here :D

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi Tim, welcome to SKCC.
I also have a Tiger super six and love it, had mine for about 6 years. I to don't know much about the in's and out's of a car but on here there are plenty of people who will help/advice or generally take the piss.
When the better weather come you will see the skcc posy out and about so keep an eye out on the forum.

Colin
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Monster_UK

Postby Monster_UK » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

Let’s hope I have her back on the road for the driving season… couple of big projects underway at the moment!

locost220

Postby locost220 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:47 pm

Welcome to the club, great to see you using it correctly.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:04 am

welcome onboard Tim,
wonder if you've bumped into David T, he's got a tiger avob with martini stripes and i know has done autosolo at Farnborigh and surrounding?

Monster_UK

Postby Monster_UK » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:52 am

Do you you know I think I might have bumped into him at the Bordon Summer Autosolo not last year but the year before…. I might be wrong though!

Unfortunately, I developed a fuel flow issue later 2020 which required a complete carb strip and rebuild. In my usual style I messed it up and it took 6 months to get the car back on the road! Cause of that I didn’t compete last year.

Once I get the ITBs on and the new wiring system in (2024 probably :D ). I can’t wait to hit a few cones again!

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:45 am

Hi Tim.

Welcome to the club. Lots of runs out generally although a lot of people are just finishing up on various jobs so it’s a little quieter than usual.

Good to see that your car is used & abused and looked after in equal measure.

Reading through the post I was going to mention David T but was beaten to it.

How did you get in to the auto tests? I quite fancy doing one but not sure I want to put the gear box through the first / reverse / first action required. I’m leaning towards either sprinting or hill climbs…

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”