Hi Everyone

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Monster_UK

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Monster_UK » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:18 pm

I had exactly the same concern about the 1st gear to reverse action. So I signed up to autosolos (forwards only) not autotests (reverse included).

I joined FDMC because one of their members spotted me cleaning the Tiger and asked me along. It is a hoot but remembering the course is tricky! The last one I did was back in the summer of 2020. Here's a video:

https://youtu.be/enmPhADQ7jk

First run I'm taking it easy to get the course in my head. 2nd pushing a little more and once you have 2 in the bank you can really go for it on the third (average of two best runs per course counts). I was 3rd in class and 9th overall but developed a fuel flow issue. The drive home was fun as if the car dropped below 4,000 rpm it stalled. Pulling away from the traffic lights on a greasy, wet road was "exciting".

There's more safety regulation around sprints but I might end up doing this too. You need more safety gear for the driver as well. I'd suggest finding your local motor club and dropping them an e-mail. I think FDMC are particularly friendly but I can't imagine any club being unwelcoming. I can ping you a copy of the 'blue book' which contains all of the regulations so you can have a look?

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Funnily enough I found and downloaded the blue book this week.

I think I’ve got all the safety kit. So should be ok. I might do as you suggest and get in contact with a club. People are generally keen to spread knowledge. The auto test vs auto solo is a useful tip. Ie first gear only. So thanks for that.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:38 am

bloody hell, there's not much room for error on that course........

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:27 am

greenwoo wrote:bloody hell, there's not much room for error on that course........

Are you talking about my pic of Harewood Hill climb? If so, that was one of the wider bits!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:29 pm

no chris, i was looking at the video a couple of posts above. didn't know (maybe i forgot) that you'd done Harewood?

Monster_UK

Postby Monster_UK » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:27 am

greenwoo wrote:bloody hell, there's not much room for error on that course........

Autosolo tends to be twisty to keep the top speeds low. Brookhills was fun because the hill gives you could vision across the whole course.

The Bordon solo is faster but 100% flat. Sat as low as you do in the Tiger I just see a sea of cones! Always made a few mistakes in the course :)

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:18 pm

Hi Tim,
Welcome to SKCC
Fellow Tiger owner
Good to see a tiger in use

Kev
7oaks
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Flyingtiger

Postby Flyingtiger » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Hi Tim

Welcome to the group. There's a few of us fairly local (Fleet, Farnham, Yateley).

Keep an eye out for some runs popping up soon!

Mike
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”