Back In The Game

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Larkingabout

Re: Back In The Game

Postby Larkingabout » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Well done Tony, back in the gold once again. Out of turmoil comes hopefully a better life and great grandson by the way.
James
The man in the Red Coat

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:20 am

Nice one Tony. Glad to see things have turned around for you.

I went through a similarly shitty time a while ago and now couldn't be happier. Look to the future my friend and watching that Grandson of yours grow. And in a few years he can have the best garage to build a cracking Scalextric!!

Hope to see you out in the new steed soon.

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Good to hear that you're once again with a kit car and that things are getting back on track for you!
I only found out about the demise of the Fury about 4 weeks ago.

Steve
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Well done Tony. Good to see you're getting back on your feet. And congratulations on your grandson.
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Like the others T, glad you are coming out the other side.

What part of the country are you living?
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:36 pm

Nash wrote:Like the others T, glad you are coming out the other side.

What part of the country are you living?

Camberley, so still just in Surrey, right on the edges of Hampshire & Berkshire. Now wishing I hadn't decided to wait until the 1st to pick up the car.
Patience p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Larkingabout wrote:Well done Tony, back in the gold once again. Out of turmoil comes hopefully a better life and great grandson by the way.

Great grandson?? How old do you think I am? :D :D

I won't be seeing him that often, he's in Glenrothes, bit of a trek the do some babysitting :D

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 pm

SteveRST wrote:I only found out about the demise of the Fury about 4 weeks ago.

Jees yes, that was a dark day. It could've bee repaired too, but I had nowhere to store it (people did offer) & no idea where I'd be living or if I'd have a garage or anything. So I had to bite the bullet & send it for scrap. Broke my heart - especially as all my soon-to-be ex-wife was interested in was when she'd get her half of the insurance money, that stuck in my throat. Of course now I have a house & garage I bitterly regret losing it, but it was the right decision at the time.

But testament to Jeremy Phillips design I got out without so much as a bruise. I had realised the chassis was designed with crumple zones before I built it & boy did they work well. 60mph into a concrete mile post & fence post, spun around 270deg & no injuries whatsoever - apart from the wounded pride & broken heart.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:31 am

Was it repairable? :shock: I'd never seen such devastation; chassis bent, engine must have been toast (I'm sure I saw teeth snapped off the cam sprockets!), every panel damaged - you even broke the emergency triangle in the boot! :D

How you walked from that, I'll never know...you're down to 8 lives... ;)

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:34 pm

nelmo wrote:Was it repairable? :shock: I'd never seen such devastation; chassis bent, engine must have been toast (I'm sure I saw teeth snapped off the cam sprockets!), every panel damaged - you even broke the emergency triangle in the boot! :D

How you walked from that, I'll never know...you're down to 8 lives... ;)

Steve at FSC said it could be fixed, the chassis was OK behind the firewall, a new shell is easy enough & the cam wheels where enclosed in an aluminium cover I made, no idea what was going on inside it
IMG_20190901_103335437_HDR.jpg

As the car flew through the air I remember thinking "I'm not going to survive this" i was quite surprised when the scenery stopped spinning.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”