Back In The Game

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: Back In The Game

Postby DJ. » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:40 pm

A very sad day, but the important thing is you survived to carry on building cars.

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Yeah that was the day my engine blow up and while I was waiting for recovery, I found out you had spun off.
luckily you was ok, but the fury was in a bad way
I’m glad things are on the up for you
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Fury1630 wrote:
nelmo wrote:Was it repairable? :shock: I'd never seen such devastation; chassis bent, engine must have been toast (I'm sure I saw teeth snapped off the cam sprockets!), every panel damaged - you even broke the emergency triangle in the boot! :D

How you walked from that, I'll never know...you're down to 8 lives... ;)

Steve at FSC said it could be fixed, the chassis was OK behind the firewall, a new shell is easy enough & the cam wheels where enclosed in an aluminium cover I made, no idea what was going on inside it
IMG_20190901_103335437_HDR.jpg

As the car flew through the air I remember thinking "I'm not going to survive this" i was quite surprised when the scenery stopped spinning.

I thought I was a gonna when I crashed the FW but I was remarkably lucky. Welcome to the elite club :lol: :lol:
9 is more than a number

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:29 am

Wow I had no idea, glad to hear things are turning around!
Re the garage, never mind the size but running water & drainage, next you be saying it's got 3 phase!!!

Take care buddy
Glad to hear you're back
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

andyf

Postby andyf » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Sorry to hear about the demise of the Fury. If it was big enough to write off the car it must have hurt.

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson.
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:32 am

Update:-
Spent all winter in the garage fitting a Zetec to the Quantum. But couldn't get it to run right at all. Tried everything including swapping the Ford ECU & sensors for an Omex, which didn't help (the whole sorry tale is on my blog). It eventually turned out to be an electrical gremlin in the supply to the ECU.

So as it now had an Omex it needed rolling roading & there was a two month waiting list.

It goes in this Thurs, so not long now. But as soon as it's done it will be up for sale, I've sorted the ratty bodywork & taken more than 10 metres of unnecessary wiring & dodgy connectors out, so hopefully it wont hang around for long & I can concentrate on the Stylus I bought last month.
Sq Plate.jpg

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:47 am

That look lovely mate! Will try and pop over in the next week or so for a gander!

Cheers

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”