Hi all.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

locost220

Re: Hi all.

Postby locost220 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Are you fitting an Aero
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks for the replies, I hadn't thought about an aero yet, was just trying to get it through the IVA and basically on the road before i looked to upset the missus again and go for upgrades ;) I had thought about getting a screen and then a hood, but I've not gone to the trouble yet working out who sells screens, hoods and doors for these std sized cars. Am sure I'll get there though once i get it good enough for the road.

Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi all, It doesn't look very likely I'll get it sorted anytime soon as I've been scuppered by a lack of a full engine number on my block.

Am now working through other options to sort it for the IVA test and registration.

Jason

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 pm

so what happens now, drop a new engine in or is there a work around?
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:14 am

Jasonmpk wrote:Hi all, It doesn't look very likely I'll get it sorted anytime soon as I've been scuppered by a lack of a full engine number on my block.

Is it just the registration forms? I didn't put an engine number on my forms and never had a problem?

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi both,
It's for the IVA test where they want an engine age so that they can test the emissions during the test. I have now found the engine number very faintly still on the block after a hard search and clean up, so I will test a few pics to see if it can be seen then too, if not I'll re-stamp it deeper so that another pic will show the tester. I have to do this as the number is blocked from view by the exhaust plate.
Fingers crossed I can do this by the end of Monday and the form can be resubmitted straight afterwards. :D

Happy days :D

Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Another update, Engine number re-stamped onto the block so it can be seen clearly. IVA application send off and received, I now await them saying it's filled in wrong again lol, at least I managed to get some supporting documents sent with it this time.

Jason

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:12 pm

Great! you should have it on the road in time for winter :)
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:06 am

Yeah that's what I'm now thinking :(

But getting it on the road even just for a few drives out this year will be worth it in my eyes.
Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:10 pm

So, my application failed again, this time though they gave a reason.

1. Please can you provide the vehicles gross weight. D'oh what an over sight by me 500kgs ?

2. Please can you provide a completed amateur build declaration (IVA 4). I bought a part rolling chassis over 14 years ago and built it up from there, no records are available now, how can i get round what they want ?

3. Please can you provide copies of receipts for major parts in your name. again, no major receipts apart from ebay and such sites, will they do ?, am trying to get the car sale receipt to me from who i sold it to over ten years ago but it's proving difficult. :(

Jason

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”