Hi all.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: Hi all.

Postby DJ. » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:44 pm

Jasonmpk wrote:Just a little update, the guy who is doing the final set up for me has just been told to self isolate, so the build time continues while the IVA re-test waits a bit longer.

Jason

If you'd said that a year ago we'd have all wondered what the hell you were talking about :cry:

I hope you can get finished before the good weather and hopefully freedom arrives!

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:10 pm

Yeah, it's been there for a while, he only works on it when he has time so doesn't prioritise the works on it to save me costs. I keep wondering how it's getting on so pop back in on way back from work and just want to start it up to confirm there still isn't any leaks. It used to be quieter than a running transit, but now makes everyone turn around as it's similar to his race Peugeot :o

Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:49 pm

Hi all, just a quick update, I've got my car back after a few miles driving it yesterday to see if the self centring is ok, it seams so. The only slight fault now is low oil pressure in the x/flow, so I think I'll have to get a h/p one before the retest. It felt great being out in it, although a bit chilly still and tears flowing when on 40mph roads, so i think a bike helmet must be the way forward before i do any other mods as long as i finally get an IVA pass.

Jason

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:13 pm

If I remember correctly, crossflows only used to run about 40psi. On a modern guage it looks pretty low, but I was told it is more about oil flow than pressure, and a high pressure pump will cause more leaks.

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Cheers for that, so as long as there aren't any flow issues and the oil is getting to everywhere it is meant to be, it should be ok ? Am looking to cure the rocker cover leaks before the retest, I haven't sorted them yet as I didn't think I had finished stripping it down regularly yet ;)

I think I'll try a few more start ups in the garage to see how the gauge looks at the start and when the engine is warm for comparison.

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:36 pm

Well, I've found the issue i think, when i rebuilt the engine and bolted everything back together I was possibly too keen and must have only put the oil pressure wire onto the bolt by hand so not tight at all. :(
So having found that, I fired it up and had 40-50 psi straight away, I let it warm up to get off the choke and waited until the fan kicked in, the gauge than was showing around 40 psi so hopefully that was cancel my issue thoughts :D

Jason

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:16 pm

If only all fixes were that easy
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:43 pm

Oh yes, so very true !!

Jason

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:59 pm

That's good pressure, great news 8-)

Jasonmpk